Do your PT!

Anyone else have PT exercises or stretches that they should be doing regularly and are not? I am losing my motivation to do mine and thought some accountability might help me. Want to join me for the month of April?

5 Likes

Ughhhhhhhhhu.

Yes. :weary:

3 Likes

I did my squats and bridges today

3 Likes

Oh, yay!! I’m so happy to have PT buddies. I’m planning on reporting daily what I do after my walk.

2 Likes

Need this accountability! I keep up with a regular stretching routine, but simply refuse to do my PT-assigned exercises most days.

3 Likes

I was doing really well for a while, then I think I reached a level of function that was good enough I didn’t think about my deficits regularly, so my motivation went away LOL. Which is… not ideal. Back on the horse!

3 Likes

I’m in this photo and I don’t like it.

7 Likes

It me. :pensive:

4 Likes

Ughhhhh
Fine okay maybe I’ll give this a try.

4 Likes

Did my daily exercises! I’ve been pairing them with 5 minutes of Broad City for motivation/distraction.

4 Likes

This is the exact problem. You see some improvement in function, you’re bored of doing the exercises, and you stop. And when I say “you”, I mean “I”. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

but I don’t wanna :sob:

6 Likes

I did 3 PT exercises (2 sets of each). So, a good start. I need to sit down with all of my PT exercises and figure out a schedule so that I get some variety and also challenge different muscles.

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty good about keeping up with my PT, so I am here as a cheerleader. Y’all got this! PT PT PT!

7 Likes

Thank you!! I did really well keeping up with the exercises for the first three months, then started to dwindle in month 4, and became sporadic in month 5. April is month 6, so I’m getting back on track. (Obviously, I am working on a long-term issue.) It does feel good to have some structure to it and to know I’ll be reporting to someone (since I was discharged 5 weeks ago and am on my own now).

3 Likes

@diapasoun tell us your consistency tricks!

3 Likes

I currently have four things going for me:

1. I don’t need to do my PT daily, just several days a week
  2. PT doesn’t hurt anymore
  3. PT enables one of my favorite things in life (walking)
  4. I found a place for it in my daily schedule - while I’m brushing my teeth/washing my face/other bathroom sink stuff in the morning. Since most of it is holding lower leg stretches, I can do it then (and it helps reinforce that habit too - if I do one, I do the other!).
6 Likes

No. You can’t make me.

7 Likes

LOL. You and @mountainmustache29 are excused. No pressure!

3 Likes

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah this might be where I’m at.

I did shoulder shrugs in between meetings. I do not want to do more things.

2 Likes