Do your PT!

Okay. I did today.
I should probably print out a monthly chart or something and do stickers. I also don’t need to do mine daily but I should def be doing them more often.

4 Likes

Nnnnnngh

7 Likes

I need to see a physical therapist and get actual PT exercises instead of just ones I got off books and the internet. (OK, I ran the ones I found on the internet by a podiatrist before starting.)

4 Likes

Would gifs help? I will bribe people with gifs.

4 Likes

Oh stickers are a very good idea. I may go full sticker chart. 10 and I get a coffee.

4 Likes

I should at least try to do it on weekends to start! Reminder to self that flexing and popping the tendon in your wrist every 5 minutes is not therapeutic

3 Likes

I woke up sick-ish today and have been running a fever, so no PT today.

2 Likes

Super basic but here we gooo

I have a very random assortment of stickers courtesy of my friend the pre K teacher

10 Likes

I keep avoiding this thread which means, yes, I should be here :no_mouth:

I did a very few shoulder rehab exercises this morning (so wouldn’t count imo) but also spent 3 hours weeding and digging up volunteer trees so my upper back and shoulders feel pretty good :+1:t2:

9 Likes

A “very few” still count, @katscratch!! And it sounds like you got your exercise in with the trees.

@iualia I like the sticker chart! It’ll be so cheerful as the month goes on.

As for myself, I did two exercises last night right before I went to bed. So, I’ve done 2/3 days in April so far. Have plans to do more PT today, but won’t count it until I actually do it…

2 Likes

I did my shoulder work this morning and put a small hole in my ceiling doing it, so maybe I should have stuck to a very few :joy:

5 Likes

did my PT this morning and a 9km bike ride this afternoon.

My next goal is the 18km ride through the bird sanctuary, which was a key milestone for me on why I started PT in the first place.

3 Likes

Did 2 sets of 2 exercises after my walk today. I think that’s what I’ll aim for while I’m trying to establish this as a habit. I need to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and ANY PT is good in this case.

@plainjane That bike ride goal sounds amazing! I wish we had something like that close to where I live. Also, congrats on getting the PT done!!

2 Likes

I did not do my PT today. But I will do it tomorrow. Hound me if I don’t!

4 Likes

I did my PT and started a sticker chart. I’m using the extra stickers from my monthly planner sheets, so this is a win as well. So far I’ve used the scary Halloween cat. Once I get 10 stickers, I get a fancy coffee.

6 Likes

@Ferngully Did you do your PT today???

2 Likes

I worked in the garden for a bit this afternoon (doing cleanup, I’m not a gardener!). Then I did 2 sets each of 4 PT exercises. I actually liked doing it separate from my walk as I think I had more energy. So, will need to think about how to best create the habit.

1 Like

Not yet but I’m starting right this minute!

ETA: There was an intermission when this pizza got delivered, but I got it done!

5 Likes

I did one very easy yoga yesterday and now my whole body is sore.

Working out is the worst.

3 Likes

Well done, @Ferngully! And the pizza looks yum.

1 Like