Denver area meetup, Sunday early evening 10/16?

This is very last minute but are any of the Denver area OMD crew free to meet up sometime between roughly 4-8pm this Sunday? I have some time to kill between dropping SO/DD off for their 6pm flight and picking a friend up at 8:30 when hers gets in.

I am likely going to be in Longmont for several days so this isn’t the only opportunity, but it is a slot I’d love to fill with meeting OMD friends! Happy to just hang with people and their kids, nothing fancy needed

@Economista @Bernadette

Can somebody tag Feroz? I can’t get her to come up somehow. Also whoever else I am missing…

4 Likes

@BiblioFeroz @ginja_ninja

Have fun! I’m out of town until Monday night.

2 Likes

I would be interested in meeting up, but I know all of us are on the west side of town, roughly 45ish minutes from the airport depending on traffic. You might feel rushed to get on this side of town. I wouldn’t be able to meet up unless it was close. I am happy to host anyone who wants to come here to hang out for a bit. My address is (removed) if you want to GPS it to see if it will work for you!

1 Like

I will see if there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of me making it! I would love to meet you and the Denver crew in person… But I’m notoriously unreliable to get to do anything without a week’s notice…

2 Likes

@Greyweld I’m actually going to be in your neck of the woods tomorrow! But can’t really get away until after the family is gone. I did love my time in Moab though and hope to come back through here again next fall for that and to see my Longmont friend, so hopefully if this trip doesn’t work for us to meet a future one will. And if DD gets into one of the schools here I might even move…

4 Likes

I could maybe get free, especially if it was on the west side. I wouldn’t necessarily rule out driving in the direction of the airport, it’s just a different level of commitment for a nursing mom!

1 Like

I won’t be home til Monday :frowning:

If DD is looking into Colorado School of Mines, that’s where I went to school and am happy to share my experiences.

Have a great time!!

1 Like

@Economista how are you guys doing health wise? And could you use an extra adult around on Sunday evening to help keep the girls occupied? I’d be happy to spend a bit of my downtime helping you guys out if that would make your life easier.

If you are still sick then maybe I could do something similar for the @BiblioFeroz crew on Sunday.

For everybody else I will check with my friend about her schedule and then we can try to organize some other meetups or hangouts. I’m probably going to be here through Weds.

2 Likes

Just keep me posted!

We are hopefully outside of really being sick? B and I still have a cough and L and I still have a runny nose. But it’s been over a week for me and 2 weeks for them so we shouldn’t be contagious anymore. Both adults got flu + COVID shots today, so we might be feeling crummy tomorrow. It might be better to meet up with @BiblioFeroz instead just to be safe

1 Like

We checked it/Golden out this morning! Her initial reaction was that it was too quiet/small for her but we’ll see. My nephew went there for a year during Covid and left, so that also colors her view of it.

2 Likes

Any chance you are checking out DU? I did undergrad and grad school there and really loved it. I liked the small campus and smaller student body.

If it were just me I’d be fine with the risk but my friend’s husband is older and has some health issues so probably better to wait until I can check with her. I’ll try to find a time to swing by and see you guys if she’s ok with it.

@BiblioFeroz would love to see your crew — can also lend a hand with pickups from target or wherever on my way if that would help make your weekend easier. PM me your address and we can figure out timing, etc

2 Likes

The Boy is making gumbo tomorrow and there’s always a ton! I’ll DM.

2 Likes

I am no longer in Denver but I hope you have a great time!

1 Like

We did end up doing a quick walk through DU on our way back to the airport! Beautiful campus and we all liked the feel much better than Colorado College. DD needs to see what kinds of programs they offer, and we need to see if they give significant merit aid.

3 Likes

I still need to confirm departure date with the SO, but any chance folks have some free time on Saturday for a hang out? My hosts have a thing they are going to that they have invited me to attend, but it would be way over my head (advanced Buddhist teaching). So Saturday might be free. Happy to just park at somebody’s house or a park and help wrangle kiddos while chatting, etc.

1 Like

I’m not sure how they set up strictly merit aid. When I attended undergrad there I received $35k per year. It was called the Mt Evans or Pikes Peak or something like that. I’m assuming it’s higher now. It was listed as a merit scholarship but it also required you to demonstrate financial need.

I’m around Saturday! Getting boosted at 10 am but around otherwise during the day.

1 Like

I am also around on Saturday!