Denver area meetup, Sunday early evening 10/16?

Ok, SO approved me staying through the weekend. Anybody want to host (which just means providing a space in your yard or something — I don’t want anyone to do extra work on my behalf and I’m happy to show up early to mind kiddos, pets or plants while you go get some “me” or “us” time, @Economista let me know if you can use extra help Saturday either before or after the larger meetup…)

A local park would also be great

2 Likes

Unfortunately Saturday will be spent coaching at a judo tournament ALL DAY. Then on Sunday B has a birthday party to attend. I’m bummed I’m going to miss you!

1 Like

Shoot! Next fall then. I plan to come back….

Wait — will the family be at judo? I could help Ry wrangle the girls for a few hours.

2 Likes

Saturday I have to work and then spend my lunch break going home to nurse :frowning:

Sorry you can’t make it — hope the week has been going well! I’ve been so busy I am behind on most journals….

1 Like

That is up for debate. I want them to come, but Ry thinks it will be too difficult and he wants to stay home with them. I will keep you updated on what we decide to do.

@lhamo what part of town are you coming from? We can pick something central ish. I’m maybe 30 mins from @ginja_ninja

1 Like

I am happy to meet up somewhere central or host at my place! And by host I don’t mean doing anything special, please expect a totally lived in and imperfect house lol.

1 Like

I’m in Longmont, but after driving something like 1500 miles in the past 10 days or so distance/location seems irrelevant! Whatever works best for everybody else should be fine with me.

I am also happy to lend a hand with errands, cooking, cleaning or yard work. I’ve got a whole day to kill.

My goal after DD launches is to do more trips like this and become the OMD Fairy Godmother, sweeping into an area for a week or two and helping stressed out people get a bit of their time and energy back. Consider this the test case and let me know how I can help!

5 Likes

We have decided that we will all go to the tournament. Honestly, our entire support network will be there, so I think it will be easier than Ry thinks. We would love to see you if you get a chance to stop by too! It is at Gateway High School in Aurora.

1 Like

Alright, sorry all, I’ll have to bail: woke up this morning with COVID/cold symptoms. I don’t feel too sick at all but I don’t want to spread germs. Have fun!

2 Likes

Oh no!!

1 Like

Oh no, indeed! I may have to call it off anyway. Friends husband at the hospital with neurological symptoms. Hopefully not serious but want to support them such that I can

2 Likes

Oh no this is terrible. I hope he is ok!