Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

Week 3 - had one beer this week. I’ve noticed having ice cream in the house means the temptation of an exciting evening beverage is replaced with dessert.

8 Likes

Week three: doing great! I even chased down all the little notes I’d made when I paid cash for something, for more accurate accounting.

Getting into the garden every day has been mixed. Some days I get something done; other days I just stand out there for a couple minutes to be able to say I’ve done it.

7 Likes

Week 3:
I haven’t been as diligent about writing down what I’ve done every day, there was a couple of days I had to fill it in the next day. I’m making sure to remember things like “kid sick, looked after him all day” are quite large tasks, and take up a lot more energy.

It is helping me plan what I can get done each day because I can see how much I got done on a previous similar day - so if kid’s at home, I skip morning housework to have the energy to make us food during the day. That can be caught up on later, or by other family members when they’re over.
I’m also adjusting normal tasks (load of washing) to be what I can manage, if we need some progress on it (I put on a tiny load but it’s the clothes we need for the next 3 days, everything else can wait).

6 Likes

Week 3: managed to go for a walk every day, so far seen one friend (more my husband’s friend) but might catch up with a couple more on the weekend, we’ll see.

4 Likes
November Goals
Read 3 books
Study 1 hour/day
Duolingo 30 min./day
Yoga 20 min./day

Week 1: 1 hour of Duolingo.

… That’s it.

Very Late Week 2
Read 3 books 0/3
Study 1 hour/day 1:55
Duolingo 2:30
Yoga 0:25
4 Likes

Wk3D3: 1hr10m walk :partying_face:
ETA to avoid spamming: Wk3D4: walk to grocery (2x10min?) + 25 min stretchy yoga. :partying_face:

6 Likes

Week 3:
I did 2 times a sport session (1 rehab, 1 walk) 2nd rehab canceled due to headache

Budget is 165€/250€ veggies, cheese, dairy, fruit, chips ; went to a more fancy supermarket, bought their homemade chicken salat and herring in creamy sauce :plate_with_cutlery:
This looks really low for the month, I like!

No works on weekends is really a challenge, usually I start the laptop Sunday around 6pm and start prepping for the upcoming week.

4 Likes

Week 3 (Nov 15-21): exceeded stretch goal
three walks, one kayak, one bike ride. 385 minutes and activity 5/7 days.

Next week I’ll be at my parents’ house for a few days. It’s tough to get out for exercise there, but I will try!

4 Likes

Another most updatiest of updates:
-5 minute stretch breaks every hour: keepin’ on keepin’ on
-Getting outside during the workday: …meh? meh.
-Books read: 2/5. And I only stayed up til 2 am for one of them, lol.
-Keep exercising outside: yup! weather is absurdly gorgeous, see photo below
-Knit magical never-ending scarf: made some progress, will try to step it up next week

8 Likes

Even turned down drinks when partner was getting one. It’s so hard not to say yes. And I’m talking partner into a no out food week when we think we can manage

11 Likes

I’m at 17.5k in NaNoWriMo!

12 Likes
week 1

Running: two runs, as per normal
Walking: Double daily walkies, as per normal
Veg: Made list of veg on the fridge (fuck, why have I not done this before?) and am using up said veg decently so far
Knitting: Continues apace, but really wish I were magically faster
Books: Finished The Tomb of Atuan , got literally six others on the burner because I’m insane – focusing on Sense and Sensibility and English Villagers of the Thirteenth Century

week 2

Running: Three runs, as per usual, and as per usual the weekend run that doesn’t start at 7a but instead at 9a is the easiest.
Walking: Back to the normal walk schedule, even with some rain yesterday.
Veg: Fridge list remains extremely useful. We did clear some stuff out of the fridge, which was helpful (ugh, we just really got behind on everything in October), and now we’re re-set to a sensible veggie life.
Knitting: Continues apace.
Books: Same focus and making some progress at least.

week 3

Running: 2 runs down, about to go on my third in a little bit
Walking: Yep, pretty much continuing apace
Veg: We’re in a good place. I am continually amazed at the awesomeness of the fridge list. Bless the fridge list.
Knitting: A little slow but still making progress.
Books: Finished Sense and Sensibility and have made some decent progress in English Villagers. I think I need to get some damn short books on my docket soon, though, I need the palate cleansing/omg yay look I finished a thing vibes.
Spirituality: This wasn’t originally on my list, but it was still something that had been falling off my radar. I really kicked this back into gear this week – 6 days of ritual + contemplation.

5 Likes

Somehow, despite all the things, I am staying on top of my finances, such as they are. And my exercise routine. This is nothing short of a miracle…

8 Likes

Hurrah!

2 Likes

Week 3 report:

Tea success, though today has been weird and I’m only making tea midafternoon. But I noticed I was thirsty, which I haven’t been doing very well, so I think project hydrate is working to build better habits, too. ETA I drank at least a pot a day, usually two.

• Monday: elderflower with some antique Bengal Spice from the tea shelf
  • Tuesday: commercial Wild Berry Zinger (Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural flavors of black raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, cranberries and cherries with other natural flavors and citric acid) plus added elderflower
  • Wednesday: Bengal Spice and elderflower.
  • Thursday: Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry (Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, blackberry leaves, hawthorn, natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors, chamomile and sweet cherries) plus elderflower
  • Friday: Bengal Spice and elderflower.
  • Saturday: Bengal Spice and elderflower
  • Sunday: Clove, elderflower, blackberry. Found a stash of blackberry leaf from last fall I hadn’t gotten through yet, so using it before this fall’s supply.
6 Likes

Week 3:

• Outside every day: yup! 7/7 on this one.
  • Net negative objects: I’m swimming in baby stuff and have totally lost track. There’s so much trial & error involved, and the consequences are sleep deprivation or hungry baby or joint pain, so of course I’m willing to sacrifice minimalist principles. But it’s still a lot of stuff for a small house.
Summary

In this week: A second pair of fuzzy leggings (I got peed on and realized a backup pair would be a good thing to have.). A couple baby gifts. Hair ties, bc my stash finally ran out. An ergobaby nursing pillow that’s a lot firmer.

Out: Baby bottle sampler went to a friend. Also found a BN taker for preemie stuff & pump parts.

7 Likes

Week 3 update. I went outside every day, verified my 401k contributions and that the amount set for my last two paychecks will get me to my goal, and as per last week’s update, will deal with bathroom baseboards this upcoming week that I am off work!

7 Likes

Week 3 Check-in :white_check_mark:

Spending this week = $402
November Goal = Completed Art Demo Video
Move = 1 to 2 walks a day. My step count is up and my push up and sit up count improved.

6 Likes

Late check in. But draw decluttered, just need to do my clothes now

8 Likes

You’re not late in North America!

You should totally pretend that it’s not that you’re late; it’s that you’ve invented a teleporter.

7 Likes