Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

Week 3: I’ve been continuing to do self-care things but not writing them down. It’s definitely been A Week so I’m really glad I’ve been working on this.

10 Likes

Almost forgot to update for this week.

• Done with presents for one person, mostly because I remembered they like a place I have a gift card from so that’ll be the stocking suffer. However, one of the admins just confirmed that we’re doing Adopt-A-Senior virtually through work so I’ll probably pick up some things for that once the wish lists are out (I’m very curious how the visit part is supposed to work since a pack of people showing up with kids in tow for caroling is clearly out). Also realized that I need to ping sibling to see if they’re starting a 529 or something along those lines for the new small person of the household.
  • Up to 96 for groceries, the addition being for fancy tea. It was supposed to be in next month’s budget anyway so I can live with it, especially since I haven’t needed to go to the actual grocery store again (and I really want the spice/tea shop to be able to stick around)
  • No more money on impulse purchases.
  • $1693 to charity or non-501c3, categorized for match purposes, planned and fine
  • Clock is stored behind the couch until I can find a place to get it photographed and posted for sale, and dollhouse is painted and down to touch-ups and inside finishes. Question for people, though–with or without the curly red things at the peaks of the roof? The curlicues on the porch are tied into the structure so I’ll keep them and add posts, but not sure I want to put the larges pieces back.
9 Likes

Week 3:
Exercise:
walked 4 times for a total of 4.5 hours
yoga and strength training 3 times for a total of an hour
Total of 4 days, 5.5 hours :white_check_mark:

Duolingo: 30 minutes every day except Saturday when I did an hour of lessons :white_check_mark:

8 Likes

Anyone else see everyone’s cool stuff and be like I also want to do that and then remember that there are only 24 hours in a day and 16 are already minimally eaten up by work and sleep?

16 Likes

Week 3!

I got a bunch of Xmas presents (nearly done?). I also heard back from the only rental house I applied to, that maybe my timeline will work out for them after all. So yay, we might have a place to live. It’s super fancy in pictures and bang on what we were expecting to pay so that’s good. Still a shit ton more than we pay now, but I guess that’s the rub when moving out of a family home. I did not do any packing this week, so that wasn’t good, but it’s a short week/long weekend. We won’t be leaving the house since the virus is running rampant out there, so we should have lots of time for packing.

4 Likes

I prefer it with the curlicues. I like gingerbread in general, but also it looks a bit naked and awkward without them, since the ones by the windows have to stay.

It’s like you read my mind!

I have lost track of when and whether I checked in, but NaNo is still on track.

4 Likes

if I try to do more than one thing, nothing will get done. Alas, because I really like the idea of a morning or evening routine that involves stretching or meditation or something.

4 Likes

Sameeeeee.

Thisss…but also habit goal for next month? Or January?

3 Likes

this, except my habit from the other month of having meals not in front of a screen didn’t stick, so if I start one of those, I fear I’ll lose the outside each day one.

2 Likes

I am also on Team Curlicue.

2 Likes

100%

5 Likes

Me 100% of the time.

3 Likes

Looks at pile of half-finished and discarded projects.

Nope. Absolutely not. Totally not me.
Collection of hobby stuff grows

6 Likes

Ok so week 3 check in: since I got home Wednesday I went swimming twice and yoga twice, as well as walking outside and the treadmill. This week in scheduled for 6 days- 3 days yoga and 3 days swimming. To start week 4 I also walked an hour (2-30 min walks) and added in some physio shoulder stretches. I am doing more that the first few weeks and that is the point of this challenge.

Bookcase is done, put back together. Worked on some extra cleaning (our gym) and extra vacuuming in closets. This week I think I will start taping for a new painting project.

7 Likes

Week 3: stretching every day, also getting better at feeling what areas to spend time focusing on and what areas I can save some of my time and not stretch as much.

5 Likes

Week 3: continued filling out my damned timesheet daily. Doing my weekly exercise class tonight even though I really want to put on PJ pants and faceplant into a glass of wine.

I should’ve added some goal about work productivity. I am pissing away way too much of every workday online, but… no one seems to ever notice and I’m still hitting all my deadlines, so, ???

11 Likes
November Goals
Read 3 books
Study 1 hour/day
Duolingo 30 min./day
Yoga 20 min./day

Week 1: 1 hour of Duolingo.

… That’s it.

Very Late Week 2
Read 3 books 0/3
Study 1 hour/day 1:55
Duolingo 2:30
Yoga 0:25

Week 3: 1 hour of Duolingo, 30 minutes of yoga…

4 Likes

:maple_leaf: Week 3 :maple_leaf:

Another bunch of IT snags at work, but I’m well on my way to getting the hang of things! I also helped the other new employee navigate some benefit stuff, and I should have my shiny new insurance starting on the first of next month.

I completed the habitica decluttering challenge! (helped a lot by the pure amount of paper I had lying around) I have a lot more space, but also a long way to go. I also gave a large portion of the money I wanted to give to good causes to the good causes! I have the rough sketch of my budget planned out, now it’s time to see how well it fits.

7 Likes

Wk4D1 (Mon): 1hr Beat Saber
Wk4D2 (Wed): 30 min Hatha yoga

1 Like