Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

Week 4 :white_check_mark:

Spending: $452
November goals: mailed post card, grocery bill under budget, and added goal of calling foundation repair folks.
Movement: step count was up, push up and sit up count was up

Feeling alright.

7 Likes

Woohoo!!!

2 Likes

Not bad!

1 Like

Check in. I did no further declutterjnf in week 4 and instead drank a lot of alcohol and was hungover. :frowning:

9 Likes

I had wine on Thanksgiving but was otherwise booze-free this week.

6 Likes

Week 4:
Exercise:
walked 3 times for total of 2.5 hours
biked 2 time for a total of 1 hour
And that’s it. I could definitely feel how my sleep is affected by the lack of activity.

Duolingo: I practiced every day, though I only hit 30 minutes of practice 4 days.

4 Likes

Week four check-in: tracking :moneybag: went well; going into the garden every day took a nosedive over the weekend with acute illness. Ah well.

7 Likes

I am such a homie drinker. And thankfully doing the challenge means a lot of garbage avoided

3 Likes

challenge complete. I didn’t actually take a step outside yet because I was in socks and it is raining, but I opened the door and took a deep breath of outside air, and I’ll probably go out this afternoon.

4 Likes

Week 4 check-in: I met my stretch goal of working on the software development course for at least 15 minutes 20 days in November!

8 Likes

Hi @flan ! I’m afraid of bullet journaling because my handwriting is chicken scratch and I tend not to keep a consistent habit for more than 3 months but I like your tracking methods! I adopted a similar one in my catch-all journal for this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration. I won’t post a picture due to said chicken scratch but (hey!) It worked for my purposes :grin:

6 Likes

Aw, don’t be afraid! Also, stickers and stamps can go a long way if you’re into that sort of thing! I’m also an on-again off-again kind of bujoer, but then if I skip some months I don’t feel bad about wasting a dated section of a planner since in a bujo I can just move onto the next blank page!

3 Likes

Stickers make everything better!

2 Likes

cough cough

8 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Final check-in:

I did end up having two drinks on my birthday - a premixed Manhattan with luxardo cherries that a friend left on my doorstep, and a can of wine that was fermented with coffee beans. They were delicious.

No sugar except for birthday treat baked by me: check.

No caffeine after half caf in the am: done until today, ha. Very sleepy today and didn’t even think about it until I was halfway through a cup.

3 Likes

Week 4:

Running – wha? I fit four days of work into three days and then spent an entire day cooking. I completely dropped this.
Walking – half marks. I did my evening walks but didn’t do my morning walks, because crazy work + cooking.
Veg – used up a bunch, we need to go bonkers on squash right now though.
Knitting – significant progress.
Books – significant progress.

3 Likes

An addendum to my Week 4 update: I finished two more books, so my books read total is now 5/5! I didn’t finished the dratted scarf, but I made progress on it, and everything else was a success, so I’m calling this a win.

3 Likes

Week 4 check in - while I haven’t gotten my step count up, out of 25 days of the gym being open I went 20 times this month.10 yoga classes and 10 swims. I have been able to increase my swim speed of sloth to turtle and in turn increase my distance. As day 10 of yoga tonight I was able to touch my toes twice. I have done outdoor walks and golfed. I’m happy I have gotten a routine of scheduling an activity and sticking with it at the gym, and it justifies my membership because I better be using it if I’m paying for it.

House projects - probably not as successful as I wanted, it I got stuff done or started. I started painting my stair bannister today instead of waiting to get it in on the last day 120 minutes (taping and painting). We cleaned the gym, cleaned the house, some yardwork. Could I have done more? Totally. But I got stuff done or started.

6 Likes

Final check in:
I drank alcohol one pre-planned day of the month. I had 3 beers on that day. Most months I could easily have 20 or so beers in a month. Pretty happy with that, and don’t really have any desire to drink tomorrow just because I’m “allowed”.

6 Likes