Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

I will assign final week badges tomorrow (actually I will probably recruit @Smacky to help!) so please submit your final week check-ins.

If you completed the challenge and would like a sticker, please fill in this form. Stickers will be mailed December 10th!

6 Likes

Iā€™ll do it tomorrow.

2 Likes
Week 1 (Nov 1-7): accomplished basic goal

three walks, a long bike ride, and a kayak outing combined for 332 minutes of activity

Week 2 (Nov 8-14): exceeded stretch goal

four walks, two kayaks, and a bike ride. 485 minutes and activity 6/7 days. Itā€™s good to be moving regularly again!

Week 3 (Nov 15-21): exceeded stretch goal

three walks, one kayak, one bike ride. 385 minutes and activity 5/7 days.

Next week Iā€™ll be at my parentsā€™ house for a few days. Itā€™s tough to get out for exercise there, but I will try!

Week 4 (Nov 22-28) plus 29-30: exceeded stretch goal

• five walks (plus one), one short bike ride, and subbed the usual kayaking for a yoga practice
  • 6/7 (7/9) days
  • 422 (491) minutes of intentional movement for the week
5 Likes

Finished out the month with the same amount of spending as previous, although theyā€™re supposed to be sending out not-Angel-Tree Angel Tree stuff in December so Iā€™ll end up putting a little more money in there. Otherwise

• $533 gifts (counting gift cards I already had as spending in this case)
  • $100 for groceries
  • $1693 to charity or non-501c3
  • Need to sell dollhouse and giant clock
3 Likes

Final two days of November: left the house each day for a walk, saw one friend. Tick.

4 Likes

I canā€™t believe November is over. I feel like we just started this challenge.

-Christmas shopping: Need one more gift each for two nieces, and maybe something for the ILs, then just have to wrap and ship everything.

-Place to live: Have applied for one, have inquired about another, have sister thinking about letting us move in her rental. This would be ideal, but is dependent on her current tenant moving out. Weā€™ll see.

-Packing/moving: Moving quotes are done, have narrowed it down to two. One car is being shipped (do we facepunch here?) because we just donā€™t have it in us to drive separately (15-20 hours), and donā€™t want to be stopping at hotels etc. during pandemic. Anyway, that car is booked with the shipping place and they will get it out of here in early January. My ILs have decided to pay half as a gift which will definitely come with strings attached. RLG has decided to accept that gift and I am not getting involved. (Is this my journal? It kinda feels like itā€™s turning into a journal entry.) I did not pack any additional boxes this week but RLG did a few, so I will take credit as a household.

9 Likes

No.

We applaud people for spending money on things that are worth spending money on. And sometimes enable each otherā€™s spending on our objects of desire.

But I think itā€™s wise to spend the money to avoid staying at hotels during a pandemic. Getting covid could cost money depending on the severity of the illness (even a ā€œmildā€ case may result in being too ill to work, not being well enough to cook, etc.), not to mention the intangible cost to health.

11 Likes

Week 4:

• Outside every day: 6/7. Missed a day midweek.
  • Net negative objects: Stopped the incoming tide and set aside a box in the basement for outgoing stuff.
5 Likes

I did my damned timesheet every damned day this damned month!
I worked out once a week every damned week this damned month!

11 Likes

congratulations!!!

1 Like

If I missed anyone for badges let me know.

4 Likes

I do not appear to be the owner of a fresh new badge.

Sorry!

2 Likes

I forgive you!

3 Likes

WHEW!

3 Likes

REMINDER to submit your address today if you want to get stickers.

3 Likes

Ohā€¦ Submits form, then checks date. Sorry! I did do the thing, but do fully and completely appreciate the deadline has passedā€¦

Hope allā€™s well out there. Will be back more fully when I canā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I havenā€™t mailed them out yet. You are in luck!

3 Likes

Oh! Fantastic!! I loved the last setā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thank you!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Edit: Just remembered I took a picture of them to share on my cat tray, just because. They arrived really fast by the way. Like in 3 days. Which was amazing to me.

And yes, that is a big ole British bucket of tea with lots of milk and a teabag still floating in itā€¦ Bcos I am sooo sophisticated doncha knowā€¦ lol

2 Likes