Covid-19 discussion

It is very important to recognize that your actions are NOT what damaged this friendship. That is SOLELY on the shoulders of the so-called friend.

18 Likes

Quoting for truth. This is not your fault.

15 Likes

Kat is right as rain here.

You did someone a good turn. Your actions are not the problem here. Theirs are.

11 Likes

My favorite Bible scholar thinks that Revelations was written by an obscure community of Christians, HEAVY on symbolism and analogy. Please do not try and read any of it at remotely close to literal face value. In fact, he thinks the key to understanding Revelations died with that community of believers.

5 Likes

Thank you. :heart: Itā€™s a good thing I was able to score some toilet paper, because Iā€™m currently wasting it bawling, lol.

10 Likes

Cotton is way more comfy. Try digging out a soft shirt and crying into that! Any snot will wash out, and itā€™s a much more luxurious feeling experience :yum::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Agreed with everyone: not your fault. At. All.

11 Likes

Not your fault. Sheā€™s a user.

7 Likes

I do not know if this is true, and I know there is some controversy about whether the ibuprofen information is verified or not, but I just saw this. Thought of you @druidessie.

2020-03-18

5 Likes

Iā€™ll continue to take my elderberry until I see a credible source, but if someone does see that let please share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even good kids are entitled shitheads sometimes. Iā€™m sorry your kindness blew up like this. I hope she is full of remorse one day, and reaches out to make amends.

9 Likes

The NSAID advice is now supported by the WHO. Itā€™s still mechanism based, not sample based, but given their support Iā€™m now comfortable citing that.

Iā€™m not sure I agree with the elderberry if cytokine release is how it functions (I havenā€™t looked into the mechanism of it, so that is explicitly an IF). This virus kills the immune suppressed, it doesnā€™t cause a cytokine storm like the Spanish flu did. Pneumonia and ARDS arenā€™t synonymous. Once ARDS is triggered, youā€™re way past taking elderberry at home anyway :upside_down_face: and the hospital ainā€™t giving you any in the ICU.

14 Likes

Maybe I will finally can the sweet cherries that have been in my freezer since, oh, July?

4 Likes

You did nothing wrong here. You are being smart :purple_heart:

Iā€™ve got no horse in this race (donā€™t use it, so I didnā€™t dig any deeper) but I def did think of rabbitarian when I saw that. Thanks for the extra info!

4 Likes

We just had a late-night email confirm our CEO, confirming firstly that everyone should be getting help to work form home if at all possible (we had been allowed to for a couple weeks, and most people are already, but theyā€™re offering to e.g. buy people desks if they need them). More reassuringly, though, theyā€™ve promised that all the non-WFH employees (canteen staff, cleaners, etc. ) are going to be kept on as normal, and doing either training or community projects.

I have my problems with work sometimes, but a huge reason that I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be moving soon is that I do trust them to abide by their values. Iā€™m still struggling a bit to get my head around whatā€™s happening without panicking, but reminders of the places where people are doing the right thing are helping.

13 Likes

I read an article today saying which large companies have closed their stores but are pay their employees while closed. Big ones, like Nike, Macyā€™s, etc who certainly should pay, but you just never know. It was nice to read that some companies are doing the right thing.

11 Likes

MIL works as a dog groomer and is dealing with all kinds of cancellations. This is good, but it occurs to me that we might be holding off some debt payoff in case they need some cash infusions to get them through.

6 Likes

I just inadvertently had a conversation with someone who applauds Trump calling this the Chinese virus, who thinks we are greatly over-reacting because thereā€™s only 6000 cases and 100 deaths.

I had to end the conversation, excuse myself. Iā€™m still upset.

16 Likes

A friend of mine works as a dog groomer, I texted with him today and he said theyā€™re disinfecting stuff a lot more but continuing business as usual because they canā€™t afford to not work. :pensive:

4 Likes

Sheā€™s just had a lot of cancellations. So sheā€™s not really making money.

2 Likes