Covid-19 discussion

The business owner in me says to keep them active if you can afford it. A lot of membership based places will probably do something too in order to compensate for time closed.

12 Likes

In case this helps anyone/pass it on to those who do:

6 Likes

Well, fuck. Thisā€¦ would be really difficult for literally everyone.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™d feel really shitty about canceling my membership to our small local gym. Would probably feel less bad if it was part of a huge corporate chain, but itā€™s not.

Thereā€™s been some talk of livestreaming classes. That would be nice. I do a ā€œdance partyā€ fitness thing occasionally thatā€™s not part of my gym, and theyā€™re apparently going to livestream tomorrow if I can figure out the tech (I donā€™t use Zoom or Spotify)

3 Likes

Iā€™m keeping mine active because I was genuinely concerned the rink is going to shut down this year BEFORE this. Now Iā€™m almost certain theyā€™re going to shut down.

Almost all yoga studios and such Iā€™ve seen are going to honor package extensions or do livestreams.

3 Likes

My memberships are of the very location-intensive variety. Rock climbing classes I do from home are not possible, nor is doing archery in my house, no matter what live streams they decide to put up.

6 Likes

This did give me a bit of a laugh tho.

Yea, same. I have been trying to ice skate in my kitchen, but it just isnā€™t the sameā€¦

10 Likes

I have been attempting to follow Ewokā€™s example and climb in unlikely places on my furniture as a rock climbing replacement :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAA you guys
I have a friend in the UK. She hasā€¦ asthma, perhaps? Some lung issue.

SHE JUST WENT TO A SPA. With people TOUCHING her. I want to slap her!
She doesnā€™t think that any of this is a big deal.

6 Likes

Uhhhhhh. Is this legit?

3 Likes

My gym (orange theory fitness) has closed all of their studios in the US and is freezing everyoneā€™s memberships automatically. I would guess your gym is going to do something similar.

If it is mandated by the state they may be able to get money from insurance too (I think?). Long story short I would probably keep the membership that you have and see what happens to support the small business and I bet they will do something to make it right for you.

1 Like

Yea, they suspended shipments TO the warehouse. So theyā€™ll ship OUT things, but people like me that send inventory to amazon to be fulfilled by amazon canā€™t send anything right now.

6 Likes

Ahhhhh ty! That makes more sense.

2 Likes

Just argued with boyfriend that no, he cannot run to the store just because he is out of milk! I told him we need to make do with what we have, and wait at least another week if not longer to leave the house and go in a store so that we can replenish everything all at once , and be more mindful about our consumption, rationing everything we have.

He guzzles an unbelievable amount of milk for a grown man. FFS. Whatā€™s wrong with water?

5 Likes

Last time I went to the store, it was at 9 am and for the most part, everything was pretty well stocked. It was like nothing was different. But today going at 3 pm, I experienced the empty paper products aisle and was unable to buy potatoes and bought a different kind of sugar because there were only two bags of one kind of sugar and I will not get through this if I canā€™t bake my anxieties away.

I regret not just ordering groceries like I had started to do.

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad that Wizard and I are on the same page about this kind of stuff. It makes my life easier.

potential tmi but also lulz?

Iā€™ve been having Anxiety Breathing so periodically am taking bra and shirt off so that I can Breathe Free. I think Wizard appreciates this.

20 Likes

Soā€¦ weā€™re out of coffee soon, and a few other things, none truly essentialā€¦ should I send SSO? SSO wanted to go and just wash hands a bunch when he arrives home. We live blocks away so we can go at off-peak.

Is that a bad idea? I know I shouldnā€™t leave butā€¦should he? For COFFEE?

7 Likes

We have no confirmed cases in my county yet. Iā€™m going grocery shopping tomorrow morning. We will see what they have available to buy.

I went to Home Depot tonight to get paint for projects I will do if my work closes, and it was practically empty.

2 Likes

Do you have caffeinated tea or other caffeinated bevs, AND is someone going to get splitting caffeine headaches without some brew?

If you have other caffeine sources, use those first, no matter what. If you donā€™t and there will be no splitting headaches, no one goes.

If you donā€™t AND someone is going to be incapacitated with headache ā€“ maybe. Maaaaaaybe.

SSO doesnā€™t have to get it for you to get it.

4 Likes

My brother lives close to you and is doing shopping runs for at risk individuals. Heā€™ll drop on your step. Text me and Iā€™ll put you guys in touch.

9 Likes