šŸ—’ Clean Slate September: Challenge (Sep 1 - 30)

I love the general self kindness goal.

5 Likes

I want to do a reset on my physical activity. Every day I want to hit 30 active minutes or 7k steps as measued by my Fitbit OR do the full three sets of weights.

8 Likes

Making my bed every single day. Days so far: 2!!

11 Likes

My clean slate challenge goal is: 2.5 hours per week on any task related to finishing my albatross project. Iā€™m going to aim to hit 2.5 hours minimum each week. If I exceed that amount, I still have to hit the goal each week; however, if I finish the whole thing before the month ends, that counts as meeting this goal.

Using spoiler tags for the long explanation that I may want to delete later

Confession: Remember the course I took last year? Back when we saw people in person and traveled? I passed all my assessments and then never finished turning in all the notes and homework to get the full certification it earned me. :frowning:

I can still get it if I get my shit done now. Last month, I finally was able to get started moving again on this. But itā€™s slow and I hate every minute of doing it, even though itā€™s important to me that I do.

9 Likes

I tried to draw a stick figure on my wall calendar to indicate that I went for a walk yesterday and uhā€¦no. I think I need to look for a sticker pack next time I go grocery shopping. I havenā€™t tracked anything like this since I had a chore chart as a kid, butā€¦I like it. Iā€™m doing it.

14 Likes

My goal is to track every food item purchased to continue working on my price book. So far so good, since I havenā€™t purchased anything yet!

8 Likes

Iā€™m paying for PT so I should do my PT exercises at least 5 days/week.

I donā€™t wanna though.

10 Likes

Iā€™m in. Already have set my main goal, which is to get through the month 17th to 17th without going overdrawn. So letā€™s extend that to the end of September.

And then Iā€™ve been working out more lately, which is fine, but the thing I find the biggest faff is logging what I eat in Myfitnesspal. Itā€™s the only thing which works though, the doc says I need to lose weight for my top surgery, so. Yup. That.

Done both days of the month so far, so just keep goinā€™ :slight_smile: :muscle: :transgender_flag:

10 Likes

Since WFH started my morning routine has devolved into an hour or so of reading the internet while sitting on the side of the bathtub prior to showering. My routine wasnā€™t anything spectacular before, but I had to leave the house on time to get my train to job #1 so that I could do my hour and still get to job #2 on time.

Goal: Do new morning routine every weekday. Routine = pick out clothes the night before, be out of shower and ready to eat breakfast by 6:30, actually eat breakfast (try to eat fruit), then either work on homework until 9 or drive to laundromat and then to job #1 while laundry is going. Recreational internetting only from the time Iā€™m finished getting ready until 6:30.

Reward: Less falling asleep on the couch reading textbooks and then having to reread, more effective at work, regularly getting laundry and work at job #1 done, eating breakfast = maybe less grumpy?, maybe more fruit consumption?

14 Likes

My goal is to finish my foundation level course including the test until the end of September.
I will work 5 times a week for at least 60 mins. each.

I have paid for that course out of my pocket and I do not want to waste the money.

5 Likes

My goal is to work on moving/move related admin tasks for at least 3 hours a week in September, so that I can have a smoother moving experience and have things vaguely in a semblance of order at the new house by monthā€™s end.

Some weeks I will do much more but 3 hours seems like a good baseline for all the address changing and utilities setup beforehand, and actual packing/moving once house keys are in hand on 9/14.

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to take a literal approach to Clean Slate September!

I use Todoist as my primary to-do list with lots of daily/weekly/monthly recurring tasks as well as one offs. Currently I have 9 overdue tasks, ranging from yesterday to July. My goal is to have zero ā€œlateā€ tasks by Sept 30. I am aware this will be a moving target. Iā€™ll try to track the weekly high and low numbers, if I remember.

7 Likes

I have two goals for September.

The first is not a clean slate, but a continuation of my August tracking challenge:
300 minutes (5h) of intentional movement (ā€œexerciseā€) each week, with a stretch goal of 360 minutes.

This is my second goal, as well. My fall semester started today and I am committed to doing things right. In order to get into something of a school routine, I will do schoolwork 5 days per week for at least an hour each day. Unlike my movement goal, which can all be accomplished at once, this one requires five different days of work.

5 Likes

I canā€™t think of any goals but I want the badge and sticker.

I really want to get my sugar consumption under better control but I canā€™t think of a goal to set that I will not wildly fail at due to being on vacation for almost half of September.

7 Likes

Todayā€™s ritual and meditation were very very worth it. One of these days Iā€™m gonna actually get good at complex visualization instead of blessedly mediocre, and that is just gonna be fun.

5 Likes

September Goal:

Stick with the budget and try to build up to my month buffer!

Iā€™m past week three now, which is usually my hardest for keeping to habits, but I need to just keep to not-spending-past-means and sticking to the budget Iā€™ve created. which means:

• no ordering take-out
  • no impulse-buying interior design baubles
  • stay on track with saving

stretch goal:

• sell more of the stuff I donā€™t use in the back of my closet on fb marketplace/donate it
6 Likes

week one Friday, spend tracking:

• $7.43 - Food

So far Iā€™ve only spent on a packet of chips/crisps and a breakfast sandwich at work when I got caught staying later than the food Iā€™d brought lasted.

3 Likes

My goals
1 long walk per week (5 miles minimum)
Go to 3 different hiking destinations this month
Track how much sugar Iā€™m consuming (and ideally donā€™t overdo it)

No takeout and no pre-made groceries for all of September, make all meals myself.
No vending machine at work.

5 Likes

Week 1 food spending: $152.85
Restaurants: $46.88 - Anniversary take-out dinner
Groceries: $105.97 - Monthly stock-up at Costco

Iā€™ve also successfully tracked each individual item for a month now, which was a bit eye opening. The Stoneyfield Organic YoBaby yogurt at Costco is the exact same price per oz as at Whole Foods. They finally had the big container of eggs in stock in Costco so eggs were $0.14 each instead of $0.25 at Whole Foods. Unfortunately Costco was completely out of milk, except for the super expensive organic milk - these supply chain issues are so weird. I honestly have no idea what they have each month and each month they are out of something different.

7 Likes

Logged food every day until yesterday, when I made a really nice green lentil stew (first time getting a win with lentils), but forgot to weigh everything. And then today I had a cooking disaster-rescue involving beef sausages which turned out delicious, luckily. But again, no clue how to log it in Myfitnesspal.

So I wasnā€™t going to bother logging. Nawwww I thoughtā€¦ Nahhhhā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

And then I went to this challenge. And now Iā€™ve logged both days and am up to date! Yay!! :slight_smile:
(Over-arching financial goal still on point too). So thank you. This works! :slight_smile:

10 Likes