Challenge: Put out the Dumpster Fire December 🧯🔥🗓

Your reactions are my proudest (only) achievements all last week :laughing:

5 Likes

:x:Week 4 :x: Oops it is week 3 check in:
This does not count as late because I had a 4 day weekend and the check in is at the end of the weekend.
*all 3 fans are clean
*vacuumed kitchen
*original BN items out,
*christmas gifts I did not want out for BN pickups

Foods:
*planned for Christmas Eve – Moldovan polenta bread (i’m not Moldovan, it just seemed interesting from a Romanian cookbook I am reading)
*old fashioned donut batter with creme fraiche (about to start frying now — prayers accepted)

*Christmas gift fruit gummies crafted (x3 slightly differing batches) and already shipped off for christmas delivery. I had interesting results and have a lot to work with as far as perfecting. May expand in my journal later.

6 Likes

Well, much block was laid yesterday instead, and the tractor repaired. But we made the last trip today, and the storage unit is empty and swept out!

8 Likes

I FINALLY WENT AND GOT MY CBC AND TB TEST DONE…the things I had been putting off for two months and had reached a boiling point of secure notes from my doctor threatening to not renew my prescription if I didn’t go get them.

It took 39 minutes door-to-door, including biking there :joy: oops

20 Likes

Fixing the toilet isn’t gonna happen.

1 out of 4 curtains is done.

7 Likes

My new computer arrived today! I’m pretending is was delivered by Santa and not Fedex.

I needed to figure out how much of Roth IRA conversion to do. Which requires a dry run of my taxes. Barely started? My plan is to actually do the conversion on Monday and hope there’s nothing that means it will require more than a day because I’m running out of time in this tax year.

7 Likes

I think I am behind on reporting, but not much to update anyway.

The mortgage is still paid off (and still makes me happy). I’m looking forward to January starting when a payment is not removed from my account for the first time. :slight_smile:

I’ve spent $179 on groceries this month and don’t plan on buying anything else. Not necessarily minimal spending, but an improvement. Am glad that I am working my way through the frozen food. This goal will continue into January and I’m aiming for less than $200 again.

The painting. Sigh. Not going to happen this week. Instead I’m changing this for a clean(er) house to start the New Year. Am going to work on living room and kitchen today.

I did well on PT until I didn’t. Have stalled on doing the exercises this last week. So, will re-start today. I have graduated to the next stage of exercises, so I have made progress.

7 Likes

Goodwill bag was dropped off last week. My last contributions to the retirement accounts were made last week. So I have achieved my stretch goal of $1,200 in the tIRA and my original goal of $500 in the Roth IRA.

This coming week we should be getting our last paycheck and our vac/ot payout check so I’ll pay off that credit card then.

I’m bowing out on that shelving unit. I just don’t have the time this month. Duolingo streak is still unbroken though. 581 days and counting.

7 Likes

I tried to deal with the benefits stuff on Tuesday, but it was blowing out my ability to upload a big file through the VPN, and I really wanted to have that done, so I decided to push that to next week.

The shadowy one has now been delegated to buy the etfs for my RRSP.

5 Likes

This is all essentially the same.

6 Likes

I have done nothing since last time I updated! I do expect to be able to finish my floor, put the furniture back in place, and do my resume within the week - I have Wednesday and Thursday off in addition to today and tomorrow. That’s 4 days to do less than half a day worth of work…

7 Likes

Organizing is coming along. Calendar has been started. Job application and podcast quote are done. I finished two other books instead of finishing Pride and the Prejudice. Editing for episode 3 is underway.

So I’m moving, but will need to speed up to finish this year.

3 Likes

We got a quote on some painting that needs doing
I added a number of appliances that probably need replacing soon to the list.I wonder how many other people mitigate a weird washing machine problem with duct tape inside the washing machine!

7 Likes

Dryer, but guilty as charged.

2 Likes
  • Close business checking - complete
  • Set up automatic transfer to Ally online savings - complete
  • Finish baby proofing - move under the sink chemicals, put locks on kitchen cabinets, finish the baby’s room - All we have left are the cords in kitchen/baby’s room and cabinet locks.
  • Put away the larger size baby clothes - done 12/24
  • Clean out garage from the last (and final!) trip from storage
  • Sell extra fridge
  • Actually put up Christmas tree & decorations - complete 12/19

Added: apply for medical grant to subsidize cost of baby’s helmet - complete 12/18
Added : Contribute to tIRA - complete
Added: Move and label baby clothes to clear containers for long-term storage - complete 12/27

7 Likes

Week 4: um honestly I was dumb and didn’t account for how exhausting it was going to be to see family and arrange calls and tiptoe around emotional topics so I think I’m calling it a success that I got my first goal of getting gifts sent on time done, and the other to-dos be damned. I did schedule an appt with my osteopath so we can ramp up PT in the new year. Enough of a win?

9 Likes

Week 4:

Mine are:

• Start a will (should also give me a bingo!)
  • Finish decluttering garage SO CLOSE!
  • Set up balcony for summer MADE A START
  • List vintage wedding gowns on fb marketplace
  • Read 7 more books to hit 52 DONE
    [/quote]
5 Likes

Week 4: The only thing left was to inventory and organize my craft stuff and that didn’t happen at all this month. Other stuff I got done this week: submitted work receipts for reimbursement, lots of skincare this week, found a shelf to hang on the wall (now I have to hang it on the wall), wrote a few to-do’s out (this counts?) << to-do lists and I still don’t get along

4 Likes

I took Week 4 off. Merry Christmas to me!

8 Likes

Weekly update:
Moved some boxes that were in our way to better storage places. We also put up the mosquito net on our gazebo. I’d like to finish the patio area this week, if I can convince someone to pick up an outdoor coffee table somewhere for me…

4 Likes