Annnnddd the final challenge of the absolute sh*tshow that has been 2020 is:
Put out the Dumpster Fire December and will run from December 1 to December 31.
The goal for Put Out The Dumpster Fire December is to clear out those lingering tasks that you thought you would get done in 2020 (before 2020 turned into the giant mess that it is). You must declare them and try to get them done before the end of the year.
You can also choose to “extinguish” the task and guilt-free ditch any resolutions or goals that simply couldn’t or didn’t happen this year. Surviving 2020 is the only real goal you need!
Examples of Put Out The Dumpster Fire December tasks:
- Call up a friend that you haven’t checked in with much this year
- Cancel recurring subscriptions that you don’t use
- Finally get a “hit by a bus” folder together (find a checklist in A Cat’s Guide to Money )
- Calling up your phone or cable company and negotiating a new rate
- Finally set up an IRA and autodeposit
- Move over to a new budgeting or tracking system
- Call your credit card company and move to a no-fee card
- Organize and categorize your stash of yarn or fabric before you rebuy things you don’t need
- Eat down your pantry
- Call your student loan providers and get the paperwork moving for loan rehabilitation, IBR, or PSLF
- Setting up a new 401K savings rate before the new year
- Fix that problem with escrow that’s been going on for years
- Figure out sinking fund amounts based on previous year averages for categories
- Listing or donating clothes or electronics you’re ready to pass on
- Set up or clear out monthly donations, or maybe even join the OMD Purrsonal Finance Societyy (cheeky plug there)
- Be creative!
It will have a special forum badge and even a STICKER for people that complete the whole month, that will be cat themed.
- You must establish your own rules about what you are trying to accomplish as your Dumpster Fire December task(s) this month. State them in the first week of the month to get us kicked off.
- Each Sunday (starting December 6th) YOUR Local Time, you will report how you did on your challenge for the week on this thread . You can report on where you’re at, and what your biggest challenge and victories of the week were. Then, you’ll put your predictions/goals down for the week ahead.
Who This Challenge is For
- Anyone who wants a little public accountability and discussion about their goals on a weekly basis.
What do you get out of participating?
- Deep Satisfaction of working on those tasks that hang over your head and not bringing them into a new year
- A community to support you as you get sh*t done
- A CUTE forum badge for participating in the weekly check-ins
- And if you do all 4 week check-ins, you get a STICKER mailed to you. I have only printed these for this challenge.