Challenge: Get it Done December ✅

Any guilt you were feeling over cancelling your membership to this place? <poof!> GONE!

5 Likes

Ha, right? No, I will NOT be going INSIDE your sweaty enclosed small space where people with dicknose are huffing and puffing!

This must be new. Last year when I had to pause my membership when covid started, I could do that over the phone. I also extended the pause at least once since covid wasn’t going away. Also by phone. Hm. Well, y’know, the pandemic’s over, so. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Resume- done!
LinkedIn- started.
Copay card- started multiple times only to be foiled by a cancel button where I always expect the submit to be. Much frustration
Volunteer opportunities- due to covid no volunteers being taken
Website- uhhhhhhhhhh. Not started

6 Likes

Well, I kind of have an easy month this month. I do have a few things I’d like to finish up though.

• :white_check_mark: A quilt I started decades ago at 17 years old. My oldest work in progress. Mostly Hand pieced and hand quilted. Need I say more?
  • :white_check_mark: review and signing of wills and power of attorneys.
  • :white_check_mark: a decent haircut in a new style.
  • :white_check_mark: mail Christmas cards and, possibly, one package.
  • :white_check_mark: host a cookie exchange.
  • :white_check_mark: baking for said cookie exchange. Most of it is already done and in the freezer. But I have my signature Danish butter cookies to make yet.
  • :negative_squared_cross_mark: sort through old journals and burn the not so good ones…IE. most of them! Putting off shredding them until the new year.
  • :white_check_mark: finish purchasing and sending Christmas gifts. We often do e-gift cards for extended family. My family is large and spread across Canada from coast to coast. I limit gifts to those who want to exchange or have gone out of their way to make our life easier since our move. Otherwise I’d go broke over Christmas.

That’s it…for now.

All done my December goals…other than to celebrate Christmas. Will check in again in the new year. Have a good one everyone! :heart:

4 Likes

WOOHOO, got written confirmation of gym cancellation today.
They require 30 days notice though, which I knew. So I still have to pay for January - that’s on me for procrastinating this so long.

But it is DONE.

11 Likes

Woot!

OK, I did one big part of finishing the will, which is asking my grown niece if she wants to be the backup guardian for “child C.” She agreed.

6 Likes

If you have a Staples, at least here, it’s about .99 a pound to shred things there.

2 Likes

12/18 check in:

1 hour weeknight doordash deliveries = $11.50

150 pages of notebooks scanned and then trashed.

Continuing to make a decent volume of eBay sales but there are a few things I still have to list that seem likely to sell. So far $130. None of this stuff is stuff that is precious or special to me so it feels great to get it out of my apartment.

Today I meal prepped a lot including some creative stuff with the discount near expired produce deal I get from a local vendor. I got all of it prepped except for the radishes, which might be beyond hope but I’ll take a look at tomorrow.

4 Likes

Yes. We have a good cross cut shredder I can use. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No change since last week. I have not made good progress on Psychic Witch since I got to a part that apparently requires concentration.

1 Like

Totally shameless promotion but also this is my forum so I can do it if I want to.

OMD is running our first giveaway in 3 years for a 2022 midori planner, cat stickers, and more productivity stuff!

Enter here

Giveaway is totally free but the prizes will only ship to the US (but if you’re outside the US and you want to gift it to the US, you can still enter!) Ends on 12/26/2021 at 5:30PM Pacific. [IMG_4716] Mew Years Productivity giveaway! A Cat’s Guide to Money, a Midori Planner, and more! Meownage your life. Struggling to figure out what to do with your finances and your productivity in 2022?

10 Likes

I’ve cut the baby’s stocking out and am halfway through sewing.

4 Likes

Last update

:white_check_mark:pull up corner of kitchen floor and level correctly this time
:white_check_mark:touch up backsplash grout
:white_check_mark:laundry room—>kitchen floor transition install
:white_check_mark:sell/curb furniture items I don’t need in shed
:white_check_mark:cancel platinum card before I start getting charged the fee now
:white_check_mark:email back wedding planner about florists
:x:schedule meet ups while in town with photographer/DJ/
:white_check_mark:venue/baker
:white_check_mark:book flights for friend’s bachelorette party

Done! Don’t think we will be able to meet up with DJ/photographer this trip which is turning out fine. Those vendors really want to meet in person, I’m assuming to read the vibes of us as a couple, but after I hit them up and we couldn’t make scheduling work they were more chill and said it could be a couple days before the wedding even. Phew!

We will get a venue visit which was the main priority, so our moms can be involved and also meet each other since that hasn’t happened yet. Success.

1 Like

All right, I am officially bad at Saturday updates. However, as a Sunday update I’m checking off what I can and splitting this into two remaining lists, one for what I can do while visiting and one for what’s left for before I leave/when I get back (some of which will almost certainly bleed into next year).

While visiting:

• Replace screen on tablet
  • Fix relative’s computer (no idea what’s wrong with it, but that’s nothing new, and at least I’ll be in-person)
  • Plan rough budget for 2022
  • Review all subscriptions and renew/cancel as appropriate

At home:

• Finish painting that damn green room
  • Hang new shelves in bathroom
  • Get final layer of stain on cabinet doors
  • Finish remaining shelves for bookshelf
  • Fix coffee table
  • Switch phone companies (possible to do while visiting, but given how tied into travel phones are now I’m not sure I want to risk it)

Done:
:white_check_mark: Put together new shoe rack for back door
:white_check_mark: Add more insulation to top of door in from garage
:white_check_mark: Hang new(ish) art
:white_check_mark: Un-:duck: kitchen so I can process the last of the stuff in the fridge before I leave
:white_check_mark: Un-:duck: living area since it’s currently been taken over by in-progress staining projects and a broken coffee table
:white_check_mark: Confirm all presents for relatives I’m visiting at Christmas will fit in suitcase or get them shipped (must happen this week)
:white_check_mark: Wrap and drop off gifts for nursing home through work program
:white_check_mark: Figure out where they hid the not-actually-Angel Trees this year and pick 2-3 ornaments
:white_check_mark: Decide if dishwasher offered by friend 1) fits and 2) is something I actually want (ETA: Nope)
:white_check_mark: Drop off not-actually-angel tree gifts when last piece arrives

1 Like

I thought I’d update at the end of the month but everyone is doing check ins so:
Started balcony tidy up, just need to move a few plants around and move water play table up from garage to be considered finished.
Not started wardrobe declutter, that is for the holidays when I’ve got time.
Read two more books. 5 to go, unlikely to get the stretch goal.

4 Likes

Actually I just realized that I have read another book by a BIPOC author—Courtney Milan. So that’s another goal completed! Just one witchy book and one completed knitting project to go.

6 Likes

This is done! Yippee.
Also, I confirmed that buying something via AA shopping portal pushed out the miles expiration to June 2023.

4 Likes

I made the baby’s stocking before Christmas!

I’ve un-picked the other stocking for fixing but haven’t sewn it up yet. I also have 3 buttonholes to do on the final curtain for the gazebo! I know it’s January but I’m very nearly done, and these have been weighing on me for a while

4 Likes

Ok so we’re into January but I’ve only got one left to do - fix a stocking.

2 Likes