Budgetober STICKERS GETTING SHIPPED - PLEASE FILL IN FORM šŸŽƒšŸ‘»šŸ¦‡

Full week one check in: doing well with my budget. I tend to buy a lot of impulse items that are super cute and make me really happy for two minutes and then become junk around my house I have to deal with. Having the budget set up (which does have room for some frivolous spending) helped me with rethinking ā€œdo I actually want this for more than five minutesā€ before making a few purchases this week. Definitely a success.

5 Likes

Check in!
The book i wanted to buy with business $ is only available from Amazon. So Iā€™ve procrastinated on it.

Admin shit like getting my accounts untangled is yet to comeā€¦

11 Likes

Oh no Iā€™m late! My job just switched to Tu-Sa so my brain is off :woozy_face:

I stuck to my grocery budget this week but I also forgot to eat anything the day I shopped before I went to the store late am. I ended up impulse buying three things cuz I was hungry, but one was caramel for with my apples and I regret nothing about that one!

Iā€™m also having trouble sticking to my meal plan since work is bananas and my hours are longer than usual. Been eating the easy stuff first instead of what Iā€™d planned to make. Iā€™m afraid my good intention salad greens might end up in the compost again this weekā€¦

9 Likes

So cute! If we were late on our check in, are we out of luck? Hoping I didnā€™t miss out on stickers by being late this week, but I understand if I did!

2 Likes

Omg, I also just spent that much on a Mossery Twinbook. I regret nothing, itā€™s so beautiful! Which design did you get??

3 Likes

City Lights, with a little dragon on the cover. How about you?

1 Like

Next check in (a day late - medical procedure)

I still need to download my YTD spending and I just paid my bills late. Iā€™m kinda in a funk but expect to have progress by next week.

3 Likes

The woman in a boat on a moonlit lake! It reminded me of Puget Sound but in my dream world where everything is quiet and secluded and also I have a boat :upside_down_face:

Also, that one is so pretty. I just looked it up to remind myself of the cover art. Did you go for dated or undated pages?

1 Like

I went with the undated, vertical setup - a little leeway in case I fall off the planner wagon on occasion!

1 Like

I have been using this one for 6 months and finding it very good.

2 Likes

Same! I like that if itā€™s undated I wonā€™t waste a week if Iā€™m on vacation or sick or something and donā€™t use it!

2 Likes

I am completely late but on track.
Coming back from a business trip an Oktober 1st. I went to Hamburg to a concert. It was great, spending only for fuel as I was hosted by a friend instead of booking a hotel room.
Sunday 3rd a full blow cold hit me. :sneezing_face: Spending Monday to Friday was only my veggi box, but the new phone was delivered and the payment hit my card. Otherwise I spent money on Saturday on a few groceries and at a trip to the drugstore (which l do quarterly for detergent, toiletries and household stuff).
I am well on track to Cashflow the ticket and the new phone. :grinning:

7 Likes

You think far too much of our rigoriousness. Iā€™m just now granting badges for some of the later check-ins but do not fear. My goal is to get you stickers, not to deny them!

10 Likes

Todayā€™s livestream is at 5 Pacific/8 Eastern/Midnight GMT and will be full of tricks for budgeting and finance with ADHD!

9 Likes

OOOOH YESSS

I will probably as usual miss the live stream itself because of time blindness though XD

Very, and I do mean very much here for thisā€¦ Thanks for taking this topic onā€¦ (Itā€™s a tough donut, but someoneā€™s gotta do it, right? :doughnut: :slight_smile: )

Okay. So very gently, bcos last week was a bitā€¦ ā€˜toughā€™ :grimacing:. I seem to have narrowed down the simple current account options to two. And I am going to phone one of them tomorrow to check they do what I need. If they do, (and their security options donā€™t feel like something out of the novel 1984), then I will just choose themā€¦ for now. Itā€™s fine. The existing account is being closed in early November, I have major decision fatigue right now. I just need it done.

Meanwhile this week I also want to try and decide whether to put my newly acquired PIP back-payment ā€˜savingsā€™ into whatā€™s called an ISA or into Premium Bonds (both are Govt. backed kind of savings here in the UK).

I looked up ISAs this week, and similar to when I said to foodie friends of mine ā€˜Hey, Iā€™m eating more salad these daysā€™, and they then proceeded to bombard me with lots of things about that, which were altogether too muchā€¦ it seems that there are now lots of ISA ā€˜optionsā€™. (Eeesh). So, to be honest, I am leaning towards Premium Bonds. Simple, and yes the interest is kind of random, but I canā€™t imagine thatā€™d be worse than 0.01%?

Plan is to put the bulk into something a bit more secure, try not to to touch it, then have a slush fund of a few hundred for the inevitable brickbats of outrageous fortune, etc.

If anyoneā€™s interested in the minutiae of this, these are the articles I have been flicking my eyes over (which is what counts as reading for me these daysā€¦ Okay, so I mainly looked at the picturesā€¦ lol):

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/
https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/easy-access-accounts/
https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/isas/

Lastly, tomorrow is the day I finally acquiesce to the rent rise, and hope that at least that decision makes some of this pain over the whole house thing go away. I need things to settle on that. Itā€™s been way more than enough now. So thatā€™s my plan for this week coming. Letā€™s see how I do.

Update: Sorry, I have no idea how to remove that obnoxious link. Please forgiveā€¦

4 Likes

I totally messed up and thought check in was on sundays! :woman_facepalming:

Iā€™ll do my check-in anyway just to keep myself accountable:

I did okay this week, can do better, and hopefully will do better next week:

• Lowered my take-out and food-out expenses by a bit, but I can do better so: took notes, made a list, and got some missing groceries to get me cooking!
  • Random expenses were kept to a minimum, I did have to purchase 2 food bowls for my cats but I consider that a necessary expense, and my momā€™s coffee machine broke so I got her a replacement.
  • I did have a stationery purchase :frowning: but I do not plan on making more this month (except placing my hobonichi order but that money is already separated for that)
10 Likes

Knowing how to cook is probably my most useful skill. It saves me serious dollars every week.

11 Likes

Greetings, Badass Budgeters :money_with_wings: :bat:

Checking in for week 2. Vacation is going swimmingly: cozied up in a little cabin in the forest. Lots of moss on the ground and brilliant fall leaves in the trees. Saw 2 otters & lost my damn mind with excitement :otter::sparkling_heart: :otter:

Overall Budgetober Food Spending :shopping_cart:
ā€¢ Groceries: $70.03 spent ($300)
ā€¢ Dining out/treats: $146.53 spent ($300)

Vacation Budget Spending :maple_leaf:
ā€¢ Dining out: $95.85 spent ($240)
ā€¢ Groceries: $0 spent ($120)
ā€¢ Gifts: $61.72 spent ($100)
ā€¢ Treats: $19.93 spent ($120)
ā€¢ Gas: $39.84 spent ($192)
ā€¢ Misc/Cushion: $59.33 spent ($128)

Thanks for the accountability :rainbow: Sending warm wishes your way!

10 Likes