Budget-Friendly Design

Yep. What would it look like though if you made the ceramics spread out a little bit more with the top left piece in that ceramic section shifted over to the right just a bit? (The overall footprint of that ceramics would be a little bit bigger than the metal lichen.)

3 Likes

or keep the top and bottom lines for the ceramics level with each other? (hmm, maybe just the bottom right levelled out)

3 Likes

Overall I like what you just did here. Originally I would’ve made those lines like you just said but now I almost would move that bottom right ceramic piece UP (edit) to exaggerate the movement even more.

2 Likes

PS the reason why I am suggesting placement to suggest movement is these are water related pieces. These pieces are gorgeous by the way!

3 Likes

to the right

up

3 Likes

These are lovely pieces and are going to look great together! Of your original choices, I like #2 best, although I also really love the first one you did based on @IDoMe 's suggestions with the grouped ceramics in the middle of the wave/lichen. I don’t like the version with the ceramics spread out as much.

4 Likes

The one labeled UP is my current favorite. This is so much more fun than the really boring task prep I’m doing at work… Good luck with whatever you decide to go with. I really don’t think you can go wrong because it’s such an interesting collection of pieces!

4 Likes

I like this one or the one labeled UP!

c52f97053ece50988965c50899b9ed27fc3ec1a8_2_517x291

4 Likes

Has anyone ever slept on a Hemnes day bed? There are a ton second hand around here and they look nice but I’d like our guest bed to not be a horrible sleeping experience. And actually if it’s not a comfy couch that would be useful info as well

1 Like

My friends had one and I slept on it a lot! I thought it was comfy - I don’t know which mattress they used though; that’s the bit that matters to my back lol

They also used it as their couch for the first few years and it was comfy there too, at different heights/leg length. I like deeper couches though so daybeds are almost always comfy for me as a couch.

3 Likes

I like 2 best, but if it’s going up above that TV then I think 1 is best.

1 Like

I decided to do a little budget makeover on my deck!

BEFORE

20220918_132050

AFTER

I also have some outdoor pillows coming! They’re blue.

21 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Very cute, very cozy-fall.

1 Like

Lovely! Well done!

1 Like

Thanks all! I’m really trying to get better at decorating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

SO cheerful. Well done! Are those flameless candles??? I’ve never thought of using them outside! Brilliant.

2 Likes

Ooh I love it!

1 Like

This looks so cozy!! Great job!

1 Like

Cute! I love the rug!

1 Like