Company coming in a couple of days! We are putting a push on deep cleaning Zone 1 (entrances) and Zone 2 (the deck). Zone 2 is almost finished. I have to finish cleaning a very dirty railing. It’s over 30 C outside right now, so I’ll wait until it cools down to finish the job.
Hubby just sprayed the back entry for bugs. We’ll give it time to work before cleaning there. Next up is the front entry and deck entry.
Finished the front entry…except cleaning the carpet. Which will take some time to convince Hubby to do. We need a small carpet cleaner that does stairs. Any recommendations?
Thanks @noodle ! We found one on sale for $129.99 CAD that does deep clean and steam.
We have found the rental ones difficult to handle on stairs…and in general. Two bad backs here. We bought a Bissell Little Green Hydrosteam Pet…even though we don’t have pets. It says it does stairs. We’ll try it and see. It is a lot lighter than the rentals here.
Well…I started cleaning the carpet. My back gave out after one hour and only 6 steps. But I’m to the landing! And then another 6 steps to the basement. Tomorrow…
The steam cleaner seems to be doing okay. We won’t know until the carpet dries. Or until the sun comes up tomorrow. The stairwell is too dark to tell anything tonight. But the water that came back to the machine was very dirty.
Messed up my BINGO card from 3 days ago. I forgot the mudroom is part of Zone 1 for cleaning. We’ve been working on other zones as we go through the house, preparing for company. So the updated BINGO card looks like this…
My creative BINGO card is a mess of half finished projects. I’m going to try and work on those. But we’re moving into canning season, and, guess what? Yep! I have a canning BINGO card! i’m not sharing that. It’s too much. Plus it’s not finished yet. But here’s my updated Creative BINGO card…
I decided to highlight the older, priority items in pink. I just need to do them and get them done. The issue is they all require a lot of time and effort. And some, like machine quilting, I can’t remember how to do! . Guess it’s off to YouTube soon!