BINGO 2026

Mid-February update. We …

  • finished deep cleaning Zone 7 - our master bedroom,
  • Finished deep cleaning Zone 6 - all our bathrooms,
  • Had a discussion with Hubby about which Zone to work on next. He suggested we do the living room. I discovered it is not on my Zone charts! So another Zone will be added to my planner, but not my BINGO card (because there’s no room for it).

On the creative front, the banner is finished and in place!

However I took on a series of art mini-classes that happen twice a month via Zoom. While a great way to stay connected with people in the winter, it is hampering getting other things done.

That, plus it looks like I’m losing all my studio time in May to two different sets of company - a mutual close friend and one of Hubby’s relatives.

Plus, a phase of a project I was leaving to someone else to finish was done incorrectly, and needed to be taken out. I will have to redo it myself. More time not working on my 2026 Creative BINGO card. :disappointed:

I’ll keep plugging away at things though. I doubt I’ll finish all my cards this year. I’ll be happy with a traditional BINGO! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:disappointed: Realized I forgot to create cleaning lists for some zones in the house…like living room, hallways, and Hubby’s office. Soooo…I had to change my BINGO card slightly. The bathrooms became zone 12 - they’re done. But Zones 6 (hallways & closet) and 13 (under stair storage) are incorporated with our front porch zone…which is very small.

I also forgot Zone 8 (the TV room). I added it to Zone 9 (utility room) because they’re right beside each other.

I left the office - zone 14 - off my BINGO card because it’s really up to Hubby to clean that mess up. I’ll help, but only under his direction. It’s just packed with stuff!

So…my revised BINGO card looks like this:

2 Likes

I’ve never done a bingo challenge where (not have I fully completed any challenges here in all my time to be honest) - do we update here along the way/throughout the year?

1 Like

As much or as little as you want to!

1 Like

Yes. I try and update monthly. Though normally I wouldn’t change my goals, but this was a totally honest oversight. The original intention was to have all the decluttering/deep cleaning on my BINGO card. Obviously, I screwed up!

I chalk it up to being slammed with offline activities over the holidays. I totally forgot where I was with my cleaning lists. I even had them printed out and in my planner.

It was Hubby’s desire to clean the living room next that alerted me to the fact I did not even have a cleaning list for it! I went through my planner to see what else was missing. I found three more zones. I am not impressed with myself!

I didn’t add squares or take away anything from the BINGO card. I think it’s important to stick to original goals where possible. I ended up adding to existing goals by tacking the new cleaning zones onto other related squares.

I hope that helps explain my thinking. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok I think I’m done!
This was hard! It was a challenge to balance my already established goals but make them work for a Bingo card and also hard for me to create more silly/easy/fun ones.

7 Likes

Progress: January-March

Today’s progress was the flowers, which I won’t enjoy unless I feel they are good value for the price paid. This was $10, I’m happy with that.

3 Likes

I’m really struggling with my BINGO cards this year. I’ve made some headway, but I was sick for 5 weeks in February/March. I have no idea what with. But it was long and hard enough that I’m postponing my spring covid shot.

Here’s an update on my cards…

1 Like

Doesn’t look like you’re struggling to me! Don’t want to discount your feelings, but, it’s only April :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank-you for the encouragement! :grin:. My feelings were not discounted. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m used to whipping through my BINGO card. I don’t think I should have added that second one this year.

2 Likes

My mid-May update…

Still not sure if I’m getting a garden in this year. Has to be done in the next 10 days if it’s going to happen.

Deep cleaning hit a dead end. Hubby lost interest when he realized how much work it was. I’m too tired to do anything.

As per usual with my creative BINGO, I’m good at starting things, just not so good at finishing.

I left the local spinning guild, so am not doing a breed study with them.

I took on a bunch of little workshops that led to bigger projects. They ate up my time. I’m going to have to watch out for that. I tend to get excited about starting, but not so excited to finish. Maybe shorter duration projects are better for me?

Anyways, that’s my update so far. How’s everyone else doing?

2 Likes

A relative’s death has required travel at garden planting time. This year will be about building soil and letting land lay fallow. :roll_eyes:

No time for INJW (International Nature Journalling Week) either.

Also discovered Ravellenics 2026 was in February. Totally missed it this year. Oh well. I’m deep in preparations for Tour de Fleece.

So…updated BINGO cards.

3 Likes

How is everyone doing? I’m doing much better than I expected.

I actually planned and planted a garden this year. It was very late, but done.

I also am finishing a lot of spinning projects during Tour de Fleece, which is on until July 26th. I inadvertently did my own personal breed study on a particular sheep breed during Tour de Fleece.

The INJW square is red because I missed it due to a family funeral. However the exercises are online if I can ever find time to go back and do them.

So here are my two updated BINGO cards.

3 Likes

Good reminder…I’ve got a fair number of things done (blue) and almost as many WIP (purple), although I need to actually get more of the purple stuff done, especially since they’ve got a date for a neighborhood garage sale later this year that some off the ‘clean out’ tasks could/should feed into.


3 Likes

Wow @kenner ! You’ve got a BINGO already! I’m working hard for one. Heaven only knows why these silly BINGO cards motivate me. I think it’s seeing it broken down in black and white in front of me. I can see the big picture, but can also just pick something to focus on…without losing track of my many projects.

Here’s my up-to-date BINGO cards. I’m working hard on finishing cleaning and decluttering Zone 5 - the kitchen/dining area. That would give me my first BINGO of the year.

2 Likes

Well, silly me. We have a combined dining area/kitchen. Those are two separate zones in my cleaning schedule. When I checked the dining area cleaning checklist - Zone 4 - I realized it was almost all done! And I hadn’t even checked it. So it’s a yellow square too…

Running regular laundry today. Tomorrow will be linens, towels and dining room chair pads. Once they’re finished Zone 4 will be DONE! Zone 5 - the kitchen - will take a little longer.

2 Likes

Zone 4 was completed. So close to several BINGOs! Maybe I should spend some time cleaning today…

4 Likes

Working on Zone 5 (the kitchen) today. We need to:

  • Wash the west and south walls,
  • Clean under the kitchen sink, and
  • clean the top of the cupboards on the south wall.

Then I have a BINGO!

I’m sending Hubby on a bicycle ride (his preferred activity), while I do under the sink, and attempt the west and south walls…especially under the upper cupboards. I’ll leave above them for him to do.

YAY! I have a BINGO! Talk about being difficult this year. Partly because I am not good with heights. All these zone cleaning challenges require Hubby’s help, and he has zero interest in housework. He’s only doing it because he’s been having sneezing fits, and I can’t reach some places…even on the step ladder we have (it’s short).

2 Likes