Me toooooo even thought I knew it was coming!!! The power of good writing
Has anyone heard of this website lol
Oh my God this is so cute
This isn’t my issue, but it was a fun read
An interesting Substack
Also a cool structure to this one
These are really good reads. Thanks for sharing.
Feminist Cybersecurity!!!
there’s no job title required to be diligent about something; no relationship required to be loving; no plan required to stay curious.
My favourite that I’ve used from that list is the “shopping like being in a museum” one. I really love admiring the things that have been created, without needing it for me. I’d just call it window shopping but I know for others that might mean more buying than the museum idea.
Loved this article. I remember when the author started this discussion ten years ago and I also thought that if I had a kid I’d send them to public school. Now I have a kindergartener and live in an already troubled school district that drastically slashed it’s budget further last year. We decided that when it’s our kid we had to make the best choice for that kid and not the system so we’re “part of the problem” and are enrolled in a private school. Notably we are not a minority race in our area so definitely feel extra bad about not putting dollars and effort into our own public system while at the same time being very sure we made the right choice for our specific kid. It’s all very hard.
I literally JUST finished reading this
I think that making the right choice for your own kid makes sense, but to also balance it with “what else can i do to shift the system?”
Which also might be something that you can’t do immediately, because parents of young and school aged children are already doing so much. But maybe there’s a local charity to donate to, or a letter to whoever’s making the political decisions about budget for these schools to improve them.
ETA haven’t read the article because it’s asking me to login and then telling me my credentials are wrong. But I’m assuming a general gist of severely underfunded schools and what’s best for an individual kid.
Hmm it’s supposed to be a gift link that opens for everyone but maybe that doesn’t work internationally?