April [Digital] Spring Cleaning Challenge šŸ§¹šŸŒ·šŸ’»

I mean, Iā€™ve done 0% of this project thus far so you are AHEAD OF ME.

3 Likes

What (free) password managers do folks recommend? I have literally no idea where to start with this, and a quick search brought up paid options. I have a whopping 6 hours of work Iā€™m scheduled for over the next 4 days, so I might actually get to stuff with this! I donā€™t know if it matters what devices I use, but I have an iPhone 8 and am an authorized user on my partnerā€™s chromebook.

6 Likes

I use KeePass, it was free and easy to install and use. I donā€™t back it up, so Iā€™d be pretty screwed (resetting all my passwords for the rest of my life) so maaaaaybe I should look into that.

Looks like itā€™s available for Android and iOS.

https://keepass.info/

3 Likes

+1 for KeePass

2 Likes

Google chrome also has a free built in one.

2 Likes

My boyfriend and I use the free version of LastPass (I just started with it, and heā€™s been using it for years). We use it combined with Google Chromeā€™s built-in password manager. (Either would work by itself, but we like the redundancy)

4 Likes

Since I exclusively use Chrome as a browser (and have Chrome OS for my laptop) maybe I should use both. Especially since I donā€™t back up my KeePass information.

2 Likes

I do NOT like my passwords being tied to my google account, because I have 90 bazillion google accounts, which is why I donā€™t like to use chromeā€™s management. But it works if you donā€™t have a bunch of computers and accounts for separate companies.

5 Likes

Oh that is a good point! I have two accountsā€¦is two too many? Who knows!

1 Like

Depends on how you use them, I think? So I have three Google accounts, but I really only use one as my main account (the other two I just use for the Gmail, and I havenā€™t run into issues saving different Gmail passwords). I donā€™t have any issues with that, but if youā€™re saving tons of passwords on different accounts, who knows :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

How much do you trust having one company hold all your passwords? Itā€™s a single point of failure. (I havenā€™t looked at their security practices.)

1 Like

Ye-ahā€¦maybe I should just look into backing up my KeePass data like a responsible adult :joy:

(I like to pretend thatā€™s me sometimes)

2 Likes

I figure no one really is a responsible adult/knows what that looks like, so we can make it up as we go along, yes? Yes

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been digging the hole deeper (taking more pictures and videos, mostly of the cats, and not backing them up or going through them). But I sorted through a bunch of physical files and found a ton of stuff to recycle or shred! April isnā€™t over yet, so thereā€™s still hope for me.

2 Likes

I solved my cat storage issue by just paying $1.99 per month for icloud extra storage and backup and washed my hands of the situation.

1 Like

If I just make sure to post every single cat picture I take to my journal here then I can save that $1.99 for kitty litter :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I seee you are why I had to upgrade the server storage this month.

5 Likes
  • Delete/sort files on my phone - done!
  • Uninstall unused apps on my phone - done!
  • Delete/sort files on my computer
  • Clean out email accounts
  • Clean my list of notes
2 Likes

Updated all my passwords (used the free version of LastPass)!

Working on my social media this weekend.

5 Likes