April [Digital] Spring Cleaning Challenge šŸ§¹šŸŒ·šŸ’»

Update!

• Delete/sort files on my phone
  • Uninstall unused apps on my phone
  • Delete/sort files on my computer
  • Clean out email accounts - inboxes are clean!
  • Clean my list of notes - this was much much longer than anticipated, why did I keep so many useless notes?! but itā€™s finally done ^^

On last task to go! I am dreading it but it needs to be doneā€¦

4 Likes

I sorted through all my OMD bookmarks and added things to my phoneā€™s reading lists or recipes folders or whatever as appropriate.

I still havenā€™t transferred my photos to free up storage on my phone but thereā€™s still time.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve done a lot of one time set ups / created accounts with digital wallet type applications, things like uber and Lyft, or Amazon or other online purchases. Would it make sense for me to request new credit card numbers instead of trying to figure out all of the places I may have entered in my credit card number? Then promise to keep better track of my accounts going forward? That way if an account gets hacked the credit card number associated with it wonā€™t be valid? Iā€™m going to check my credit report to find all of my open credit cards. I donā€™t actually have that many credit cards but should ensure that any I previously closed are closed, and that there arenā€™t any unauthorized credit cards out there in my name.

1 Like
  • Delete/sort files on my phone
  • Uninstall unused apps on my phone
  • Delete/sort files on my computer - done!
  • Clean out email accounts
  • Clean my list of notes

Yeah I am finally done!
And for now, I have managed to keep things ā€œcleanā€, sorting/deleting files/emails/ā€¦ as soon as I get them. I hope I can keep it that way :slight_smile:

Thanks for the challenge, it was the push I needed ^^

2 Likes

Well, I guess April happenedā€¦

• Organize files - I have a pretty good system but there are still some ā€˜junk drawersā€™ that could use some work
  • Check for breaches, update passwords/user names as needed
  • Look through password manager for accounts I donā€™t use any more and shut them down :white_check_mark:
  • Review and update my templates for work paperwork - In process!
2 Likes

Iā€™m not even going to acknowledge my progress on this challenge.

• Lived through April :white_check_mark:

Anyone want to organize a May challenge? I have no idea and no brain power. Will provide stickers tho.

9 Likes

status after each item. Overall score = pathetic. I did check the site provided and found only two accounts corrupted / exposed, one of which must have been set up by someone other than me.

2 Likes

May the force be with you - physical or mental exercise challenge? Challenge yourself to meditate, or hold a plank for one minute, or exercise 20 day starts of the month, or just find 15 minutes each day for yourselfā€¦

4 Likes

I switched password managers at work.

I guess that was a thing at least.

I like this. Whatever your Force is, hang out with it for a month.

5 Likes

So I finished my primary goals for the challenge, plus did some bonus encryption of sensitive documents in an attempt to be responsible. Did I do this challenge at the expense of possibly more important things? Yes. Yes I did.

And I like the idea of May the force be with you for the next challenge!

2 Likes

Done! I set a low bar and I cleared it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Can someone make the May the Force Be With You post? You can copy the template from any other challenge or make up your own.

Iā€™ll make the badge for this one and have smacky assign it soon!

5 Likes

I think I have a better IDEA of how to do some of the things I wanted to do in this challenge, but I really did not make much progress on any of my items. Even my pictures on my phone got back out of control.

2 Likes

Thread post done. Any chance of a Coda badge (Cat Yoda, with lightsaber of courseā€¦)

If you have time to give it a quick review, that would be great - if anyone sees any problem I will gladly edit / correct.

6 Likes

Hahahahahaha I did some of my things for April? I shut one old Yahoo email account and started to try to close accounts/subscriptions to random things but I have a long way to go still. Guess Iā€™ll keep doing them graduallyā€¦

6 Likes

I fully did one of the things!

1 Like

I have actually been checking and responding to emails this month. That is a big improvement.

Iā€™m in the habit of saving my documents in the right folder (household or personal).

Iā€™m sorting files right now to achieve my task for this month.

6 Likes
  • Will check when heā€™s awake
  • Yep, started this and got a couple of years done! Calling this good.
  • Just finished this :slight_smile:
5 Likes

I will award badges over the weekend. Well done guys!

5 Likes

Well, I got as far as digitization for the old stuff I wanted to keep. The shredding part turned out to be not so much shredding as making a tower of old paper and thinking I should do something about it every time I walk past it. I guess a good starting point would be finding the shredder I picked up way back when, but I can safely guarantee that isnā€™t going to happen in the next hour and a half.

3 Likes