a fresh start
reconnecting with friends you didn’t see over the summer
setting up the foundations for success
creating/reorganizing spaces & systems
learning new things
restarting a thing you didn’t focus on for a few months
putting things up for the winter

2 Likes

For me, September is far too late to be thinking about the beginning of school, as it’s been going on for a month, and far too early to be thinking about putting things away for the winter, as that’s a couple months away.It’s time to plant fall crops, though.

3 Likes

I managed to get out every day for a walk except 3 days of the month, so 28/31. I count this a success.

3 Likes

Omg we’re back around already. Budgetober was my first monthly challenge here, and REALLY helped me start a budgeting habit.

3 Likes

Finished out the month strong last night. Was slowed down a bit by an injury, but still kept things moving fairly well. Pretty happy with the results.

General activity time: 840 minutes
Training Time: 1007 minutes
Training volume : 293700 pounds
Protein Intake: 9685 g
Grocery Spend: $1228.61

3 Likes

Your grocery spend makes me think I should STFU about my grocery spend. :joy:

3 Likes

Ha! This is what happens when you get nearly 10kg of protein in a month from meat.

4 Likes

August was a massive fail. We lost my mil completely unexpectedly on Aug 2nd. Between preparing for a memorial, getting through what would have been her 45 wedding anniversary, what would have been her 70 birthday and this last weekend’s memorial there hasn’t been room for much else beyond survival. The memorial gave us a sense of closure. It’s still painful but a bit easier getting back to the day to day. Hoping to try again in September.

11 Likes

@michieda Sometimes survival mode is all we can do and it’s ok. I’m sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry, that is a really tough month <3

3 Likes

Sendings hugs your way, michieda. That is a very hard month.

Lily, what about a preparing for winter/summer theme? Switching out clothes, spring/fall cleaning, getting things planted or stocked up, whatever that means for a particular person.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, @michieda

2 Likes

In the nick of time A VERY VAGUE SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

4 Likes
Weeks 1-3

Week 4: 364 minutes. Here I thought I would be back on easy mode, but reality was I just squeaked in some kayaking to meet my goal.

Week 4.5 (last 3 days of Aug): 330 minutes. Yay, having free time again and spending it in a place where I’m naturally more active.

Month total: 2062 minutes of exercise
Weekly average: 466 minutes

This challenge was really good for me. There were definitely days where I wouldn’t have had any dedicated movement (because I had too much to do…) except I had to get my minutes in. So it was not as much just about tracking (which I do anyway, though I’ve never done it wholly in terms of minutes exercised) as much as having a goal and reporting in on progress to that goal. This is why I love these monthly challenges.

Now to think of my challenge goal for September. I’m not starting out great in terms of movement, I can say that.

3 Likes

831 minutes CCO
950 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

I’m happy with this. The house is acceptably clean. I made some progress on the home projects.

4 Likes

Realized I never got back to update this thread. I got four house things done, although they bore basically no resemblance to what was on my first list :slight_smile: . Finally got a bunch of art framed for hanging, reorganized the office so I’ve got a decent place to store prototype projects, made an actual place for canned food storage so I’m not finding cans of coconut milk in the toolbox (they used to share shelves and I wasn’t necessarily careful about stacking things), and fixed up the indoor laundry drying setup.

Now I have to go get my original list done…

5 Likes

I failed at tomatoes. Oh well.

4 Likes

You did not fail.

4 Likes

At least you tried!

2 Likes

If you feel you completed this challenge (or August or September’s) here is the sticker mailing form.

I will mail these out this weekend!

3 Likes