30 Day Guided Meditation Challenge

I’ve never been able to do meditation well. For a while, we signed up for a whole year of Headspace but stopped after only a few weeks (what a waste of money!).

My naturopath recommended looking up Louise Hay and I found this wonderful meditation that I did last night as I was drifting off to bed. I found her voice to be kind and calming. You’re supposed to listen to it nightly for at least 30 days, preferably before bed, and it’s okay if you fall asleep since your subconscious mind is still listening. It’s about releasing your bad emotions, loving and caring for yourself, and healing your body. The meditation starts around the 6 minute mark but I recommend that you listen to the first part once.

If Louise Hay doesn’t do it for you, choose your own meditation!

We can each move at our own pace and just update the poll as each day passes (the poll has a 20-choice limit so I broke it up into 2 parts). I’d be interested to know if any of you feel different after a month of guided meditation. For me, I would like it to be a part of healing from past traumas and a way to let go of daily stress, and I’d like to commit to doing it for 30 days.

Part I

• Day 1
  • Day 2
  • Day 3
  • Day 4
  • Day 5
  • Day 6
  • Day 7
  • Day 8
  • Day 9
  • Day 10
  • Day 11
  • Day 12
  • Day 13
  • Day 14
  • Day 15

0 voters

Part II

• Day 16
  • Day 17
  • Day 18
  • Day 19
  • Day 20
  • Day 21
  • Day 22
  • Day 23
  • Day 24
  • Day 25
  • Day 26
  • Day 27
  • Day 28
  • Day 29
  • Day 30

0 voters

2 Likes

I’ll give this a listen this evening. I’ve read about the benefits of meditation and mindfulness, but never got around to listening to guided practice.

1 Like

Yay!!

1 Like

I’ve been working on building a meditation practice so will happily pop in here. When are you planning on beginning?

2 Likes

I started yesterday, but anyone can join in at any time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll start tomorrow, then.

I’m trying to figure out how I want to approach this – focusing on my breathing lately has been very tied up with anxiety and that is not helpful for meditation.

2 Likes

Maybe try the Louise Hay video! You don’t have to listen to your breathing, she just guides you through thoughts.

2 Likes

Yeah, guided meditations may be my best bet… urk.

2 Likes

I’d love to join but 40 minutes are a lot. I’m usually in bed by 10:00 and asleep by 10:30. Maybe I’ll find a shorter version and start tomorrow. I’ve been doing it on and off for some months as I try to figure out some hard life choices and reduce stress.

2 Likes

What a great idea, I’m in!

1 Like

It’s also ok if you fall asleep while listening! Your brain will still listen and absorb the message :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve still been listening every night, and falling asleep to the meditation! I just haven’t been updating my tracker :slight_smile:

I think it’s good for me :heart:

1 Like

IIIIIIIII…totally haven’t started. Everything has been in flux lol.

My housing situation looks more stable and quiet than anything else in the last six months, I’ll set myself a reminder to give this a go starting tonight.

2 Likes

I hope you like it! (But I won’t be offended if you don’t, haha. I know she may not be everyone’s cup of tea :wink: )

1 Like

If I don’t, I’ll list the other resources I find here! Like I mentioned before, I’ve been thinking about this kind of practice for a bit now.

3 Likes

I really f-ed this up, lol. I did it for exactly one day.

3 Likes

I tried last night, I have nooooo idea how long I was awake for, because I definitely fell asleep during haha.

3 Likes

Want to restart?

I only stayed awake the first day and now I think I pass out about 10-15 minutes in every time!

2 Likes

Maybe tomorrow! I’m in so much pain today I can barely think, lol, so I’m doing the opposite of meditating (distracting myself with as many different things as possible at once). Noisifying my brain, I guess? :wink:

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

I hope you get some relief soon :kissing_heart:

1 Like