2023 Christmas Movie Watching

Obvs i am not one of the main movie watchers here, but i am watching Christmas As Usual on Netflix and its lovely to see the mildly asshole protaganist be something other than USA.

Indian man proposes to Norwegian girlfriend and she brings him home for holidays.

Gentle chaos ensues.

What are YOU watching? Feel free to liveblog.

5 Likes

OMG he COOKED a full indian dinner for them. What a dreamboat. Send him to @Smacky she is a better match. Why are these norwegians upset.

Hahah “Norwegians are a very accepting people. Except at Christmas.”

“Great indian food at chinese restaurant in town.”
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I will watch this soon. I appreciate you bringing this up, I’ve mostly forgotten it’s December. I’ll start watching movies this weekend.

4 Likes

Ooh we have a semi tradition of watching Bad Santa.

4 Likes

Yay movie watchers!

I will probably get TV time again on Monday. But may try for a kids xmas movie of some sort. I enjoy cartoon xmas specials and dislike live action kids xmas movies in general.

1 Like

We watched the Muppets Christmas Carol with the kids yesterday

3 Likes

A perfect Christmas movie. Maybe THE perfect Christmas movie?

2 Likes

6 Likes

We are deep in the Hulu/Prime/Netflix Christmas romance gyre? miasma? pit straight to hell?

There has been a huge range in the quality of fake snow and restaurants of dubious profitably seem to be this season’s made up European monarchies.

4 Likes

I have turned on Family Switch, with Jennifer Garner. I’m 30 seconds in so I have no thoughts. Will report back.

4 Likes

Stellar cast. Cliched characters.

3 Likes

Oh it’s a freaky Friday remake.

3 Likes

That movie sucked. Watch it if you’re a drunk 13 year old or suuuuuuuper bored and have nothing else to do.

4 Likes

What should I watch and live blog???

1 Like

I am looking at the Netflix xmas movies and I’m not seeing a new Christmas prince or other nonsense fun movie. All the new stuff is trying to be sincere, which is not the point.
We should speak to the manager.

3 Likes

HM. VERY RUDE.
I’ll need to find a big list somewhere. Christmas Prince was a goldmine, as was Princess Switch.

2 Likes

I don’t know how people outside Australia can watch it but “Christmas Ransom” was hilarious and you get all the cool aussie actors. But it’s not a proper terrible xmas movie because it’s actually a comedy

4 Likes

I woke up far too early with a cold yesterday and soothed myself by watching “a candlelit christmas” which was playing on a channel of fully christmas movies at 5am and honestly it was pretty good.

2 Likes

If you’d like to watch a truly awful production, check out “A Christmas Vintage” shot in my tiny home town, a cute tourist town.

We have lots of wineries here and the plot, such as it is, is about romance and dueling wineries.

It is worse than a Hallmark film but we all here enjoyed seeing local sights. It was released a couple of weeks ago, straight to video streaming.

It is showing on Amazon Prime.

4 Likes

HEY BEECHES.
I’M GONNA DRINK SPIKED FAKE EGGNOG AND WATCH A PROBABLY TERRIBLE XMAS MOVIE ON YOUTUBE AND LIVEBLOG IT HERE.

ARE.
YOU.
READY???

4 Likes