2020 Goals and Vision

I posted about some of these in my journal but bullet points will be easier for me to keep track:

Home/Money Stuff

• Declutter/Give Away things - I’m thinking I should set a number each week. Our BN group is active so this should be simple
  • Save $20k for a down payment - I’m resisting joining the thread because this feels really lofty and we have no concrete way to do it
  • Reduce environmental impact - keep swapping single use for reusable and be more mindful of what we’re buying in terms of packaging

Personal/Body/Health Stuff

• Move every day, intentionally - Daily yoga, more longer walks and trips to the dog park
  • Eat beef & pork only once per week - saves money, is healthier, and is better for the environment
  • Avoid buying things - we’ve already settled on no new clothes for any of us, but also try to use BN and secondhand resources for other things we might need. Saves money and better for the environment

Work Stuff

• Keep growing the clothing company - this has many side bullets. Update line sheets for 2020, reach out to agents to rep the line to more trade shows/boutiques, step up the marketing
  • Start growing the consulting company - already in progress with new partnership and outreach. But will still need lots of focus and work
  • Triple business income - I feel like this sounds impressive, but given that I hardly worked for the first half of 2019 because of new mom life it should be pretty easy. Add the fact that I didn’t make that much last year, I’ve made almost triple last year’s number before so it feels doable.
4 Likes

Decided to donate/give away 365 things in 2020. So far I’m at 3/365 since today I have BN pickups for 2 office chairs and a coffee maker

7 Likes

I tried this in 2018 and it worked really well. I think I ended up getting close to 200 items donated or sold.

I’m trying to declutter again this year. Lofty goal of purging 75% of my items. Mr Pug thinks there is no way I can do this which is motivation in itself.

8 Likes

We can be decluttering buddies! H keeps saying he wants to buy a house this year and if we’re gonna move even in the next few years I want to be ruthless about what items we pay to move/own. I’m currently at 10/365 so far so I’m technically ahead of schedule, so far so good!

5 Likes

yes! Is there a decluttering thread on here?

Some of my items have already made their way to ThredUp which I’m excited at the idea of actually making some money on the clothes I no longer wear. I’m being pretty ruthless with my books. I am only keeping ones I haven’t read (and think I will) and books that I love and think I will actually read again (which is not many) I plan on utilizing my local library a lot more.

4 Likes

There is a decluttering thread I think, I haven’t used it much though

1 Like

Here you go!

3 Likes

My goal for 2020 is to earn a good amount of money by end of this year and visit one country each year from now.

5 Likes

I am not doing too badly moving towards some of these goals! I am not sure I am any closer to my fitness goals than I was at the start of the year, but I am closer to the fitness habits and changes in thinking towards a growth mindset in this area. Given I expected to spend all of Autumn on the garden, and I have so far spent all of Autumn on the garden… accurate?

3 Likes