2020 Goals wheeeeeee
• Have a stable, full-time job
• Pay off all remaining credit card debt
• Save up full 6 month emergency fund
• Keep grocery spending in check: less than $300/month, ideally less than $200.
• Be able to resume small monthly charitable donations by end of the year
• Mindfully eat smaller portions of healthful food, with the auxiliary goal of losing 1-2 lbs a week until reaching desired weight. Enjoy the fuck out of larger and/or less healthy meals as special occasions, but don’t make them a mindless habit. Keep an eye on sugar especially.
• Develop rotation of healthy, easy, tasty meals to cook
• Improve fitness: end of year goal of easily doing 1500 ft of elevation gain. Process: 3 days a week do higher intensity cardio w/ elevation gain for 30 mins. Walk and eventually jog entire length of [local trail].
• Do tiny walks throughout each day to clear head and keep baseline of movement
• Foam roll and lightly stretch each day to prevent back flare-ups
• Improve footing through exercises to prevent ankle injury
• Keep in contact with far-flung friends: say hi to at least one friend a month
• Make in-person friends in current location
• Find a solid music community to play flute
• Figure out some sort of sustainable political activism. Not sure what this will look like yet.
It’s helpful for me to see that I’m already making decent progress at several of these- makes me feel less like every single thing is in limbo.