$20 2020 challenge

FRIENDS
Are we all here?
How are we succeeding?

This is also an open invite to join this last minute if you’re struggling.

Please post
Your time period ($20/year, week, month or all of 2020)
Your progress and any goal revision (ie "I thought I could save $20/week, but it turned out to be 2020 so no, I didn’t, but my new goal is…)
If you have earned your badge

6 Likes

Hi
I’m elle
My goal was 20/ month to invest and 20 to charity
I made my 20/month. I did not keep up with charity due to 2020
I am revising to 20/month saving and 20/quarter giving
Therefore I need my automatic deduction on the 26th and to give away another 20 in order to win the challenge.

7 Likes

I managed to invest the front-loaded equivalent of $20/month in the first few months of 2020 because I thought April, May, and June would be stretched due to travel. It…ummm…didn’t turn out that way at all, haha. Instead, travel was cancelled, my job was transformed to a different one, I took on thousands more in unavoidable legal expenses (thanks, XH), I gave up my apartment and moved back in with my parents, and I had an epic mental health struggle for most of the year. Hey 2020, don’t let the door kick you in the ass on the way out!

9 Likes

Yay. @smacky please to badge TNT

2 Likes

team
@Janet Jackson
@TNT Done and badged
@lunoche
@Elle done - badge me
@Cannibalsox

Hi everyone?!! I am completed. @moderators please badge me. I think 2021 is going to be very low income, so I am going to try for the 21% challenge. If I make money I’ll probably need to downgrade.

I’m excited to see everyone finish!

4 Likes

Yep, I kept this up! Started with a $20 per week autosave to my efund, and increased it to $25 at one point and kept it there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay badges

2 Likes

This form was DM’d to folks, but please fill this out so I can send you the special, limited edition 20 in 2020 sticker:

Also, please @ me (@anomalily) if you should’ve gotten a badge and I missed it! It was not intentional!

2 Likes