I’m transitioning back into working 3 jobs, one of which is full-time, this January. It’s been at least a year since I’ve worked multiple jobs, so I’m looking for advice about how other people do it. I figured an episode on advice for juggling multiple jobs might be useful to a lot of people.
I’m particularly interested in the following things:
- Making sure you get facetime (digital or real life) with both teams, without making them feel like they’re a backburner priority when you’re there
- For service or other variable shift work, dealing with scheduling needs and communication
- Switching gears between multiple jobs
- Juggling meeting schedules and competing deadlines between jobs (i.e. one job has a board meeting while the other has a lunch, how do you choose?)
- Mentally/physically Separating email and google docs and slack between jobs
Something I’m also interested in is solving the puzzle of “other” life stuff when you have multiple jobs:
- Social time
- Meal planning, cooking, cleaning, and other home-based priorities
- Professional development or education beyond office time
- Side projects/hobbies
- Volunteer work
What worked for you? What would you do differently? Were there things you hired out or other lifestyle changes you made?