Who do you want on the dem ticket as VP?

Have I ever told you you’re my hero?

7 Likes

There’s a workaround where more than half of the electoral college vote states promise to pledge their EC votes to the winner of the national popular vote, but only solidly blue states have passed that so we’re 59 EC votes short.

7 Likes

7 Likes

This is off topic but seems the right audience to ask. How do you contribute to campaigns, etc and not sign up for spam in the process?

I don’t know if I’m a contrarian or just human but getting 20 texts a day from a cause/party I donated to just makes me not want to donate to them again? I don’t mind the occasional “here’s what we did this year” newsletter but “we need your help now” just makes me roll my eyes because it’s incessant

Anyway what do?

7 Likes

It’s almost impossible because political contributions are public record. So you get spam even from other campaign. But they have to unsub you if you ask (opt out) so you can just do that.

Political campaigns have a short shelf life so they don’t care about pissing off their list. I was told not to care about unsub rates and send 3-6 emails a day when I ran a very large political list :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Whoa this dude is bonkers

6 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks, I hate it. :laughing:

2 Likes

I set up a separate folder and directed all emails with the words “Biden/Harris/Trump/Pelosi” to go there. I should update it to include Walz. There’s no getting around the text spam though.

1 Like

7 Likes

I block the texts and send the emails to the trash folder.

1 Like

So, if all of us hate the campaign publicity so much and delete it mediately, what are we paying for? Or volunteering? Like is there 1 person in 1000 that reads these and their mind is changed? How much trash is sent to change that one mind?

Have I mentioned I hate it (campaigning practices)?

7 Likes

Paying for commercials which is what costs the real $$

6 Likes

I just trust their marketing people to figure out what they need to spend money on. I’m not the person they have to convince.

2 Likes

I am the problem. I clicked through on one of the emails that promised dog ladies for Harris merch.

Back in my day of direct mail solicitation, a 2% conversion rate was considered golden. Now imagine you send out 50 emails a day (I might be exaggerating my inbox), 1 of those will give you a return. Plus email is CHEAP.

10 Likes

This is genuinely why I hesitate to donate to national level campaigns (president and very high hype senate/house races). I feel like the money just ends up back in the pocket of the media billionaires. I donate more to down ballot campaigns or organizations that work on GOTV.

4 Likes

This was the best explanation I have read after seeing a few people bashing him.

Minnesota National Guard officials weigh in on Walz service (msn.com)

3 Likes

Vance agrees that raising grandchildren is ‘whole purpose of postmenopausal female,’ unearthed audio shows (msn.com)

4 Likes

I guess I should be relieved that I have some kind of potential value in his dystopic world – maybe they won’t kill me right off the bat…

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s been demonstrated that the hormonal and emotional stability of post menopausal women makes them ideal leaders for government and society.

Where men are in a perpetual state of PMS/PMDD (some toupeéd exemplars in particular…)

All of this to say, yet another argument for Harris 2024 :upside_down_face:

3 Likes