What songs make you cry?

Currently sobbing over this:

But if I’m trying to make myself cry Bon Iver usually does it:

4 Likes

Oh god I adore swing life away. Have you heard the instrumental version? That or What a Wonderful World are my favorite songs, of all time, ever.

(And I don’t have an answer to your question because I’m a deeply broken person and only cry about once every 3 years. Sorry.)

ETA something that hits me in similar tingly ennui feels as the rise against one is “mountains beyond mountains” by Arcade Fire.

5 Likes

Every time. It’s the true story about firefighters who died in a wildfire. The harmonies are so gorgeous.

2 Likes

So much music makes me cry. Not always a sad cry but a wow how can this be so good cry. Also a lot are songs I discovered a long time ago and specifically remind me of very significant times of change in my life. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Grey’s soundtrack from seasons 1-4. It made me cry in highschool and it still makes me cry out of nostalgia now.

Paul Simon - The Boxer

Pearl Jam - Thumbing my Way

3 Likes

There is only one correct answer to this: Landslide.

3 Likes

Concrete Angel by Martina McBride

Warning

this is a song about child abuse and it does not end well

Believe by Brooks and Dunn

Fade In/Fade Out by Nothing More

3 Likes

Oh My Brother, by Eddie From Ohio. Sob.

4 Likes

The finale song of “Hamilton”

3 Likes

I almost never listen to the second act of Hamilton because it’s too sad

1 Like

Yeah, “It’s Quiet Uptown” gets me too.

1 Like

Middle school me listened to this on repeat on the way to my Grandma’s funeral so I really, REALLY cry when I hear it :sob:

2 Likes

SO MANY I LOVE TO CRY

Daughter - “Home”

Alice Boman - “Waiting” (and the scene it’s in in Transparent)

Laura Stevenson - “Big Deep”

1 Like

I was about to make a playlist and start listening to it but then I remembered I’m at work in an open office and I definitely shouldn’t tempt fate that way

3 Likes

This is my barometer song. If I’m listening to this and sobbing at 2 in the morning, I gotta change my life.

4 Likes