What color should we paint our house?

I like the Posture and Pose and the Flannel Gray of your preferred colors–they look like they pick up the light gray on the brick, which seems very classy.

I’d personally want to go with one of the light blues to the far right in your second picture, but those might be too bright for you!

1 Like

My vote is flannel grey or for the complementary, In the Moment

For those following along, semi-final selections were made and samples painted.

Lunar Surface | Garden Vista
Eucalyptus Wreath | In the Moment
Norwegian Blue (which wasn’t included previously)

Eucalyptus Wreath | Garden Vista | Lunar Surface

In the Moment | Norwegian Blue

In the Moment and Norwegian Blue have been eliminated because they look way darker than we expected, plus our immediate neighbor’s house is almost exactly Norwegian Blue so it would be a bit much. My previous favorite Lunar Surface dropped to second place behind the green Eucalyptus Wreath. Mr. Meer likes Garden Vista on one wall but not the other wall (it looks a lot bluer in different light). We’re going to sleep on a final decision but it’s nice to be whittling things down.

2 Likes

Okay, now that they are on the wall, I vote eucalyptus!

I hate Eucalyptus, but I lived through the 70s, so it may be flashbacks rather than the color itself that’s getting to me.

FINAL DECISION (probably, we haven’t actually bought the paint yet):

Lunar Surface! Eucalyptus was actually our “winner” until we started looking at what colors to paint our shutters and realized we didn’t like any of them. Current plan is Lunar Surface for the walls, black shutters, white trim, and maybe a bright green door? Mr. Meer seems to keep leaning towards a green door and after how overwhelmed and indecisive he was with the rest of this process he can pick the door color if he actually has a firm opinion, lol.

I’m tempted to skip priming. I’m probably deluding myself to think we can get away with one coat and no primer right? If you look back at the very first picture in this thread you can see the faded yellow/sand colors we’ll be going over. Tell me it’ll be fine and I can be lazy. :sleeping:

3 Likes

It’ll be fine and you can be lazy. Until it doesn’t cover as well as you’d like and then you do another coat. :grimacing:

1 Like

Lunar Surface, black shutters, white trim, and a bright green door sounds very delightful! Please post pictures when it’s done!

1 Like

Prime it!

2 Likes

Buy fancy paint with primer included. Also consider that your samples were all on the yellow and the colours might be slightly different when painted over primer.

Holy shit I just bought a lot of paint. That’s a lot of money. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Painting starts tomorrow.

3 Likes

So, this thread just randomly popped up for me and now I’m curious. How did the house turn out? Pictures if you’re inclined to share.

1 Like

Oh hey, I never posted the final pictures on this thread.

Behold: https://forum.ohmydollar.com/t/meerkats-journal-in-which-there-are-pictures/939/116?u=meerkat

Also this planter makes the kitchen door a hundred times better: https://forum.ohmydollar.com/t/meerkats-journal-in-which-there-are-pictures/939/191?u=meerkat

1 Like

I really like how it came out. The siding color really tones down the bricks and brings out the blue tone in them. The door is awesome! Thanks for pointing me towards the pictures.

1 Like