Video/computer game recommendations

I’m going to be stuck inside for a while, and at a time when I haven’t really got any games I’m interested in playing. I need recommendations!

Specific requests:

• Not MMOs, but multiplayer is fine, especially if it’s good for 2 people
  • Single player games that might be good for a couple to copilot.
3 Likes

I love Civiliazation V. I don’t know what MMO is hopefully Civ is not one of those :smiley:

3 Likes

I like Starcraft (technically Starcraft 2 these days). I don’t generally bother with the missions, I just play games with/against friends (you can play against computer players too if you want to be on the same team, especially starting out)

2 Likes

Oh hey, it’s my time to shine! :sparkling_heart:

What games have you previously played and liked?

Pikuniku and Donut County are both short, cute, excellent games, not stressful or requiring a lot of brainpower, I’d recommend those to basically everyone. Oh, and Minit! Everyone should play Minit.

For 2p games I want to say Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, but depending on you and your p2, these might get too tense.

4 Likes

When we needed to release some stress or have a conversation, we used to play Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (coop, split screen).
I have never played its successor Rocket League but it should be similar.

I think The Witcher 3 is an interesting solo game because it looks like a movie and there are lots of tough decision to make, I could spend hours debating with someone else about it :grin:

1 Like

I like a lot of farming sim games, like Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon, open-world RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout, less open-world but still “your decisions matter” games like Mass Effect. I like puzzle games, like Talos Principle and Baba is You. Kind of meta games like Doki Doki Literature club (though I had a panic attack the first time I played it…)

I don’t like platformers or games where dexterity is the main objective. Strategy games are fine but often don’t hold my attention long without a good story.

2 Likes

Skyrim, Fallout and Mass Effect :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

If you like open world RPGs where decisions matter, you should really try the Witcher 3!

Have you ever played Bioshock?
Borderlands is also fun and can be played in co-op (split screen). ETA: I play on console, hence the split screen, I don’t know how it works on PC.

Okay, given those titles I dunno if I’m gonna call out anything you haven’t already played, but! I shall try. I have yet to find anything that scratches the Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley itch, though everyone keeps telling me Animal Crossing is gonna do it.

You might like Heaven’s Vault, it’s a… nonlinear story-driven archaeology game? I thought it was slow in places, likely where I’d gotten stuck and couldn’t figure out where to go next, but definitely worth playing through to the end.

Hypnospace Outlaw is weird, but if “moderating geocities in alt-reality 1999” sounds interesting, take a peek. I thought it was cool.

If you want to spend an hour on a cute point and click adventure, definitely play P.E. Noire. A friend made this for a game jam and I’m still mad at how good it is.

You didn’t mention deck-builders, but if that’s your jam at all you should check out the witchy/rock-paper-scissors/deckbuilder game Fortune-499.

Ooh I should play Witcher 3, I’ve heard great things. Already played up through borderlands pre-sequel, but 3 just came out…

These all sound great! Hypnospace outlaw sounds like it would be up Greyman’s alley if not mine.

1 Like