True Crime

Anyone else following the quadruple homicide of those Idaho college students?

Just seen the headlines, but not beyond that. Have they announced any directions/suspects? So so awful

1 Like

No! They’ve said there is no imminent threat but they haven’t arrested anyone. Also, two other roommates were in the house at the time. And were unharmed.

The only case this reminds me of is one where there was a dispute over drugs. And that kind of makes sense as a motive?

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/11/28/melissa-highsmith-kidnapped-baby-alive/

1 Like

For the lovers of cults, Glennon Doyle’s “we can do hard things” podcast latest episode is about the NXIVM cult. I know nothing about it and havent listened but thought others might like to.

1 Like

Oh man that is a wild story. I followed that one as it unfolded.

If anyone wants to be up for days with outrage and sadness, outlaw ocean is excellent. Also a great way to ruin fish and seafood

2 Likes
3 Likes

WOW, big news.

2 Likes

Right?! They haven’t released any info about the suspect in the second article, like what his relationship was to them or anything.

I find the autopsy results for Misrach a bit odd. Like just because there were drugs in her system (all mental health drugs, too) that means it was an intentional suicide?

2 Likes

One bit of news on Bryan Christopher Kohberger- apparently he was enrolled in a college very nearby the victims’ house.

He was pursuing a PhD in (wait for it) Criminology.

4 Likes

I was asked to x-post this from the Memes thread

Image:

5 Likes

Click on the riveting. Best crime harmkess minisode

4 Likes

The new Bernie Madoff docuseries on Netflix is top notch!

2 Likes

Y’ALL.

I’m shocked! I read about this when it happened but thought there was no way anything would come of it. I also still don’t understand HOW and why this happened. It makes zero sense. Something’s fishy IMO, I wonder what will come about about the armorer (who is also being charged). They seem more at fault to me but what do I know.

3 Likes

There was a pretty in depth LA Times article about this today that sucked me in. I think it’s interesting that some people are pleading out but Alec Baldwin is fighting in court. It seems to rest on the fact that if you are holding a gun in your hands then it’s inherently your responsibility to check it before pointing it at anyone vs. his argument that he trusted the people around him to load it properly.

2 Likes

I thought that was interesting too!! I feel like in almost any other circumstance it makes sense that the person holding the gun is in control of what happens but this seems so different to me! Were you as shocked as I was when you found out they even use REAL FUCKING GUNS on set?! I couldn’t believe it! What do you think?

My rationale is it feels like : You go to a cooking class. The professional Chef teaching the class gives you ingredients to make a cake. You give the cake to your friend. The Chef had poisoned the flour and your friend dies. Are you at fault? Like isn’t this the precise job of the armorer?! And aren’t you supposed to take their word at things for literal safety reasons? IDK. Haha.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s more related to him also being a producer, so like the guy who hired (or at least signed the paychecks of) the chef who poisoned the flour?

2 Likes

Also, I’ve worked with blank/prop guns in a live theater setting, and in training they emphasized SO MANY TIMES to never actually point the gun directly at another person, EVER. Even a gun that doesn’t/couldn’t fire, you check the ammo and DONT AIM DIRECTLY AT A PERSON, EVER. In that context I don’t see how he isn’t responsible, but also am not a lawyer.

5 Likes

Oh that’s really interesting to know! Since you work in production- can you explain why they would even use a real gun? Like I still can’t get past that part.

That makes so much sense!

2 Likes