True Crime

I’m also realizing that sometimes a grand jury might be involved in this? But I don’t know anything about their standards because you know, not actually a lawyer.

1 Like

Dr. Angela Soler, Shivonne Hutson and Aden Naka are part of the all-women cold case squad at the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in New York City. In the last two years, they’ve solved 20 cold cases.

3 Likes

So with you on being drawn to the really out there stories. Have you listened to the most recent Dateline pod about it? They released an update this week ish that didn’t have a ton of new content, but the ending made it worth the listen.

3 Likes

Last night I found out Disney plus also has a bunch of documentaries I haven’t seen yet!

1 Like

I looked her up, and I’m definitely interested to learn more. I never understand a fake kidnapping

3 Likes

I haven’t! But all my plans have been suddenly thwarted for the foreseeable future so it looks like I’ll have a lot of time to consume media. Thank you for the rec!!!

4 Likes

She’s so fascinating and also the literal worst.

2 Likes

Do you ever listen to Sinisterhood? I like their series on her story a lot.

I haven’t been converted to a huge fan of the pod, but they’re great for these messy convoluted stories where someone was breaking the law in an unexpected way.

3 Likes

Yes! That’s funny you say that bc I feel the same way about them. I like their podcast occasionally, but sometimes I just…can’t? IDK what it is, same with My Favorite Murder.

3 Likes

Yeah! It’s so weird bc I can’t decide if I like it or not, so I can only enjoy the 6 hour 3-part episodes, not the 45 minute one offs. Whatever!

2 Likes

Oh and I meant to tell you I listened to What Happened To Sandy Beale. Really good recommendation.

1 Like

Haha, exactly! I think some of it is the tiptoeing? Or maybe like, the fact that both shows kind of alternate between tiptoeing and over caveat-ing/teaching the listener about obvious inequities, but then also…they are still shows about these horrific things and they’re still jokey? IDK.

3 Likes

Affidavit for Sherri Papini case bc who cares I’m not sleeping anyway:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1479901/download

2 Likes

@AllHat and @Bernadette i have what you need to survive the week- on Disney plus, the housewife and the shah shocker.

This woman is running a telemarketing scam company and goes in the real housewives of Salt Lake City. It is and has everything.

Also I can’t remember what I’ve been sleeping through, but something about a web of mistakes. I can’t figure out what happened, but the father might be a family angularity or innocent or on drugs. The other suspects were on drugs. Many trials, novels and documentaries

3 Likes

Woahhhh, that looks so good. I might pay for hulu for like one month just to watch it, lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is as juicy** as some of the stories here, but I’m looking forward to watching this news piece about a meat company from Brazil who have used bribery to take over huge portions of the meat industry in the USA and Australia:

**Pun intended.

4 Likes

For those who like the historical true crime stories as much as I do, Lucy Worsley has a new podcast out called Lady Killers!

3 Likes

That sounds interesting @LadyDuck I like corporate crimes too! Maybe someone will load a doc on youtube.

Oh I like those @Clare-Dragonfly I’ll add it to the list!

I just started listening to Killer Psyche (by former FBI agent Candace DeLong, who was like, actually involved in catching a lot of these people) and it’s awesome if you’re into the investigation/psych end. She was a psych nurse before joining the FBI so she has a unique perspective.

2 Likes

Do you have a favorite episode? I just started her Jodi Arias episode.

2 Likes

Not yet! I just started and I’m beginning with the oldest and working my way up since I’m still stuck flat on my back. I’ll probably blasts through them in a day or two, lol, and let you know the best! :slight_smile: I’m listening to the Tylenol murders now.

3 Likes