Topics now show original author NOT last poster on front page and categories view

…let’s see if we like it.

8 Likes

I’m not seeing that yet on mobile or on Chrome on my laptop. I’m looking specifically at the Sewing Thread because I know I started that one and it shows Clare-Dragonfly currently (who also posted most recently).

1 Like

You might need a hard refresh, the old version of the site could still be on your cookies.

2 Likes

How exciting!!

1 Like

Oh, nice! It’s working for me!

1 Like

Magic!

I kind of miss the old way where the last poster was shown. Especially for some of the group journals the most recent poster is more relevant than the OP.

This could be my resistance to change, just thought I would comment my opinion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea, I kinda struggle with this. I wish we could CHOOSE.

It isn’t an undoable change. I kinda wish we could have BOTH.

5 Likes

This is great, thank you!

It would be nice if it was a choice, you could put OP for personal journals and the newest person for group journals. I think that most people with personal journals have their name in the title somewhere if that impacts your decision to keep/reverse the change.

1 Like

Yea most people did that because the way it was set up before made it impossible to find journals without doing that.

If I could make it a choice, I would! this was a plugin/mod someone made in the first place.

I do not understand why this forum software doesn’t have the option to have both first poster and last poster.

3 Likes

Which is strange, because there is that little thread stats box at the beginning of each thread (that you really only see when you enter a thread for the first time).

1 Like

I mostly love this forum software but it is VERY OPINIONATED and doing things that don’t mix with its opinions… don’t work out.

6 Likes

From a user standpoint, I love it, too! Shame it’s gotta be so opinionated about things :joy:

2 Likes

I love the forum software too! It is the new standard I judge other forums against.

I didn’t think I looked at the pictures so much but I’ve definitely been proven wrong this week. :laughing:

6 Likes

I kinda miss the old way now…

3 Likes

I’ve removed the app and reinstalled it on my phone and cleared history and cookies on my laptop and am still seeing the old way :woman_shrugging:t2:

Doesn’t really impact me I guess, but I’m so unhelpful if you want a gauge for which one people prefer.

1 Like

I see it the old way too on my phone but the new way on my work computer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is so weird

Especially given we’ve entirely rebaked the whole site twice yesterday

2 Likes