Today I Learned

I have long wondered about this

12 Likes

Really interesting, especially since on the other side of things it would be really helpful if supplements WERE classified as drugs so you got a useful item.

4 Likes

Yeah, totally! Makes you wonder, who is this working for?

3 Likes

16 Likes

Clever. I am glad he made it out, I assume the photo is from soon after his release since he looks pretty emancipated.

2 Likes

14 Likes

If for some reason you had a perverse desire to recreate the elementary school cafeteria meals of your childhood - here are a bunch of recipes from government cookbooks

Lunch Lady Recipes Archives - Plain Chicken

7 Likes

Eww. And yet strangely fascinating.

1 Like

When something is expensive the coop student calls it “fat bucks”.

6 Likes

Y’all did you know that Jonathon Livingston Seagull is actually about a seagull?!? Somehow it came up yesterday and N and I were both very sure that he was not a seagull but were unsure what/who he was and it turns out that Jonathon Livingston Seagull is a novella from the 70’s about an enlightened seagull and seagull society. :exploding_head: Is this our household’s very weird and personal Mandela Effect?

• Yes, I knew it was about a seagull, you silly goose.
  • No, I had no idea and now my pop culture bird knowledge has increased!
  • What in the 70’s pop culture are you even talking about?
0 voters
2 Likes
Summary

You’re not a silly goose though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Someone gifted it to me many years ago:

I should probably read it again.

Eta: and the book is full of photos of gulls, too.

5 Likes

I voted that I knew but I don’t think you’re a silly goose

3 Likes

I knew because I am old and remember when this came out - so this might not be a fair representation. Though I never read it.

3 Likes

Oh, same here.

3 Likes

I also learned a bird fact this week and it is that loons don’t walk! Their feet are too far back on their body

10 Likes

And because they have a lot of solid bones unlike most birds!

Also baby loons ride on their mom’s back most of the time

16 Likes

I wasn’t born when it was published, so there’s some diversity.

4 Likes

Honestly I didn’t even know Jonathan Livingston seagull was a real book. My only knowledge is that Harold found the book extra delicious in Bunnicula (my favorite book as a kid)

6 Likes

I have only heard it as a reference and assumed it was not about a seagull! Next you all will be telling me there is a rabbit who runs around in the Rabbit novels.

4 Likes

I read it in high school and owned that copy for many years, may still when I get all my stuff unpacked. It about a seagull, but is more about a lesson in being excellent in spite of what others tell you.

7 Likes