The Receipt food habits column from Bon Appétit

Have you wanted a Money Diaries style series but entirely about food shopping and cooking?

Are you a hopelessly devoted voyeur of shopping and eating habits?

Are you in a rut looking for ideas from someone in a similar (or dissimilar) life circumstance?

Enter, The Receipt:

13 Likes

@AllHat I specifically thought of you! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I love how these are written.

The best part of this meal is looking like the most granola person you’d ever meet. I’m sitting outside our student union, prAna pants on, climbing shoes by my side, plus reusable water bottle and coffee mug. But the pièce de résistance is the Snow Peak Titanium Fork I carry in my backpack to eat the salad

My husband likes to pretend he’s keto until I go to bed, and then he eats a big bowl of granola and whatever is left over from dinner. The teenager is never here, but when he turns up he lives on sandwiches and frozen pizza and BBQ chips. The little one sucks at eating and I feel like a failure. He’ll eat mozzarella sticks with marinara or cheese pizza, but not burrata and tomatoes from the garden.

I have been envying my friends’ crazy mycology posts for years, and while I’ve found plenty of “regular” mushrooms like morels and chanterelles, something like these are special. A quick google tells me I’ll be going back every year until they turn it into condos and never tell a soul which path we veered off.

sometimes I make something so tremendous that I feel like Nigella Fucking Lawson, and I think to myself, I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS MOTHERFUCKER AND DON’T YOU EVER FORGET IT.

9 Likes

OMG THANK YOU!!!

I’m stuck all day today so this is perfect <3 <3 <3

@mountainmustache29 will also want to see this

4 Likes

haha how did you knowwww…I love snooping on other people’s groceries! I can’t wait to not be studying so I can spend hours reading these

4 Likes

The resident’s writing was less creative but I loved how approachable they were and open about their sweet tooth :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Us nosy b’s gotta stick together <3

4 Likes

I’m very disappointed there is no comments section! Sometimes the comments are better than the money diaries themselves.

4 Likes

Oh HELLO

2 Likes

This is fantastic.

2 Likes

I have only read the resident’s one so far and it is fantastic.

1 Like

I’m reading the one by the woman in Lake geneva and OMG I am so so hungry right now. {eyes sad burrito I threw together out of leftovers}

2 Likes

I wonder if they share these on their social media? (which would have comments)

But also be the comments section you want to see in the world! :grin::blush::two_hearts:

Hm. I read one - enjoyed it a lot. Read another - that one was pretty OK. By the third one these started feeling kind of repetitive?