The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

I didn’t get my period super-early last week. I’m getting more obvious period cramps today along with my telltale “I would like to eat everything and then rip your head off” mood today, CD 24. So we should be right on the CD 25-28 time frame when it arrives.

I don’t know why I insist on panicking over nothing all the time.

Anyway, if I stay regular, I should have about 9 more periods until our target ttc date.

4 Likes

Hey - I forget if you ended up going with Kaiser or not, but on Kaiser you don’t need a referral for an obgyn appointment if that’s what you’re starting with.

I did! It’s new and therefore a little scary to me. Not sure what to expect!

I couldn’t find the option to schedule with an ObGyn in the app so I decided to start with GP and get my tires kicked, then figure out from there. Haven’t had a physical in years.

2 Likes

Yeah the online appointment system leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of things you still have to call in for. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about Kaiser SoCal - I’ve had it for 2 years now and am still very happy with it.

2 Likes
OMG is this what ovulation looks like?

5 Likes

If you get a third raised one, YEP!

3 Likes

I got the third one! Yay! (Right now I’m just celebrating when my body does the right thing.)
This month it seems to be correlated to working out… :thinking:

6 Likes

Coworker just asked me if we’re going to have another baby. She’s one of the few coworkers who knows we had a miscarriage last fall. She asked me if we know why we had 2. She’ll pray for me.

4 Likes

That… could be nice or wildly insensitive. I hope it came across as the former?

2 Likes

Both I think. I know she means well and cares but also, I wish she hadn’t asked any of those questions or offered to pray for me. But I know she’s well meaning so trying to hold that truth.

5 Likes

The nicest phrase I have come across was “I will hold some hope for you.” I thought it was less pressuring than other things! It is kind of you to make space for your colleague.

7 Likes

Oh that’s a really good one. The praying thing is meaningful to her because of her background but feels weird to me since I’m Jewish and a lot of times “I’ll pray for you” means “I hope you see the light and find Jesus” which I find offensive. This wasn’t meant that way but it still doesn’t feel as good.

7 Likes

I’m clearly not taking prenatals, but I have been taking liquid iron a few times a week and just grabbed folic acid that is a lot more flexible in proximity to meds than prenatals. So if I succeed I’ll prevent neural tube defects

4 Likes

Last night I dreamt I got a positive pregnancy test, and the last time that happened, I woke up and took one even though it was 11 DPO and I was trying to wait until 13 DPO, and it was positive. This time, at only 7 DPO, it is too early to test and that’s driving me crazy. Tick-tock, tick-tock. I’ll probably check at 11 DPO again.

7 Likes

So even though I got my period on time, it is now comically light. Two days in a row of more spotting like behavior. Ahh whyy.

I think I’m going to try to schedule for a virtual appointment if possible with my gyno because I have questions and this is driving me bonkers.

2 Likes

Reached out to our insurance navigator person about fertility benefits. Weren’t sure since were Certified Infertiles already if we have a waiting period before they cover testing, etc. We’ll have a phone call probably next week to find out more.

4 Likes

Coincidentally, I was just trying to make sense of these claims forms! I cancelled my Kaiser when I was doing the retrieval so that UHC would be my primary and I would have coverage more easily, but I got it back on the first of the year before the last two transfers. (If it had worked, I would have needed my Kaiser.)

This would be a lot more fun if I had anything to show for it…

2 Likes

Perhaps a false alarm. I may have just caught spotting earlier because of sex. Cramps imply that I might just be about to start bleeding for real. Aren’t bodies great? :confounded:

4 Likes

Bodies suck. That is my official opinion this week. Plz send ice cream and sushi.

7 Likes

Dude, the presto substudy for the air I’m exposed to is INTENSE. There’s a control jar, I have to use a whole gloved procedure to prep the band… it’s very intimidating haha. But YAY SCIENCE.

Weird wristband, activate!

8 Likes