The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

Makes total sense, thanks. And glad to hear it varies/has kinda changed bc it hadn’t been on my radar.

1 Like

It’s wide spread enough shady groves website says no more than 6 for under 38 years, no more than 3 for over 38 years old.

1 Like

Is that for letrozole too? I couldn’t find info on letrozole lifetime limits.

1 Like

I was seeing 6 on letrazole as well. But again, that could just be the “if this hasn’t worked yet it statistically won’t work” deal.

2 Likes

TY for the info :heart:

1 Like

Claro! And yeah fwiw my genetic counselor told me basically, they don’t have any good data showing IVF increases cancer risk, but given my already very high risk of breast cancer, to be really intentional about screenings because “it certainly isn’t doing you any favors”. I shrugged and was like yeah I pretty well figured we’re just waiting on the data that shows that and she was like “yeah that’s… probably a sensible approach”. But. Ymmv if you’re not already looking at a 1/3-1/2 estimated lifetime risk. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Ugh, woke up at 6 am and just had to test even though light flow indicated cd1 yesterday (but nothing today, so confused). Had very convincing line eyes in the bathroom by my phone light but now there’s obviously nothing.

My just woke up brain was VERY convinced. :weary:

4 Likes

If you set yourself arbitrary rules, do you follow them? And do you think it would be healthier for you to test less often? I know that at one point I got into really unhealthy, phantom pregnancy territory with tests and had to make a system to protect my mental health.

3 Likes

Noooope.

But maybe GM can hide my tests until CD 12 without bleeding.

1 Like

I had to stop keeping them in the house.

2 Likes

I could also give them to my bestie and tell her DO NOT GIVE THESE TO ME UNTIL I CAN SHOW YOU 12 DPO ON MY APP

4 Likes

Its this the bestie who is insensitive about difficulty getting pregnant?

1 Like

Nope, different bestie. Bestie that has behaved like a bestie.

3 Likes

Yaaay good bestie has accepted that tomorrow I will transfer custody of the tests.

6 Likes

I like that you have a good bestie! Yay!

2 Likes

Literally having to visit a notary for this stuff right now. Annoying.

Clinic now has introduced a 3% convenience fee for cards for costs above $2k :confounded: CC rewards were the only silver lining for this shit.

6 Likes

That’s so bullshit :angry:

1 Like

I thought my period was starting with pink blood but since I’ve only had icky brown discharge. I just want to get on to my next chance.

2 Likes

Mine has done that from the get-go. My first retrieval, it made sense to use cards between opening bonuses and cash back, but for the second round it was cheaper to pull from savings. Annoying!

3 Likes

I think CD1 is finally here. I am having the worst period cramps I’ve had in a year.

2 Likes