Teetotaler's Unite!

Are you ok consuming very small amounts of alcohol? If so, apple kombucha diluted with a bit of plain seltzer, plus a little apple cider vinegar, comes pretty close IMO. If it’s too sour I add some plain apple cider to it.

3 Likes

Oooh noted! Do you have a brand recc on the kombucha?

1 Like

I was trying to remember the brand! It comes in a short, squat bottle, but I can’t remember what it’s called. I’d try any apple kombucha though.

I FOUND IT! Health-Ade.

2 Likes

Brew doctor maybe? They have a spiced apple.

1 Like

Ah! Thank you.

1 Like

Granted, I’m keto so have tastebuds ridiculously sensitive to sugar that might be throwing me off, but I wouldn’t describe any store bought kombucha as dry. Maaaybe semi-dry.

2 Likes

That’s why I cut it with seltzer and apple cider vinegar!

2 Likes

Making your own kombucha is really, really easy if it’s something you drink regularly. I stopped because I thought the small amount of alcohol and residual sugar was affecting me because I’m super sensitive to both.

2 Likes

Oh I know! I’d love to make my own when I have more space! I live in a tiny NYC apartment (475 square feet, and that’s a 2 bedroom!) but I want to do that, make tempeh, I’d love to have a meat smoker, lots I want to make when I have more space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah do NOT make the small space mistake of fermenting your kombucha in your laundry cupboard next to your soap and windex. You’ll end up with a very nasty tasting kombucha. SIGH.

3 Likes

I love that you think I have a laundry cupboard. :wink: Stop flattering me!!!

2 Likes

Haha my mistake! It was a big selling point on my 500sqft unit. This ittle cupboard with stacking washer and dryer. No laundromats necessary! That was amazing. But uh… yeah, not good for a fermentation cupboard it turns out.

2 Likes

OMG, the dream is a closet laundry! But that kombucha sounds nasty, lol. #smallspaceproblems

3 Likes

I can count on one hand the number of times I have drank in the past 2 years don’t intend to drink again for mental health reasons :grin:

4 Likes