Talking about #freebritney

Should I do another livestream on this weekend?

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

OH YES. There’s also a HUGE surety bond up for Britney’s dad’s part in the conservatorship since he’s not a professional fiduciary - $47 million - that is meant to protect her in the case of fiduciary duty being broken or fraud on her dad’s part.

Guess what? that bond will not be a recourse for her if the conservatorship is ended.

7 Likes

Well damn. Should’ve guessed though.

JAMES SPEARS* HAS BEEN SUSPENDED AS CONSERVATOR OF BRITNEY’S ESTATE BY THE COURT!

*britney’s dad.

This is a HUGE step forward for Britney’s legal team and means they can investigate his bad actions over the past 13 years.

And Britney no longer has to pay MILLIONS for her dad’s legal fees to fight to keep him in (which she had to do when he was conservator)

19 Likes

Termination of the conservatorship will occur between now and Nov. 12, 2021. They first want discovery of misdeeds by Jamie Spears. He is suspended without appeal.

The new conservator of the estate, chosen by britney and her lawyer, is John Zabel, a CPA with specialty in forensic accounting - EXACTLY what they need to figure out where the heck all britney’s money went.

28 Likes

That’s BRILLIANT news!

3 Likes

Hooray!!!

1 Like

19 Likes

All of that.

2 Likes

Today is the day, she’s almost certainly going to have the conservatorship terminated today in court.

The legal filings are WILD - the interrogatories and discovery questions, her lawyer is BOSS. People might be going to jail over this.

21 Likes

Also, probably this week’s livestream is likely gonna be about this. Sorry not sorry.

16 Likes

I’m getting some good snacks ready for this week’s Livestream and setting myself up to watch properly, then.

4 Likes

Was just checking the Washington Post and saw breaking news that the conservatorship is officially terminated!

7 Likes

YUP! IT tooks awhile because they weren’t allowing devices in teh courtroom or for people to leave and report to the crowd.

The crowd in front of the courthouse is singing Stronger <3

13 Likes

TODAY! Live Sunday, November 14th at 5 PM PST, 8PM EST and at 1AM GMT* - Monday 9AM AWST*,12PM AEDT*

5 Likes

That was an awesome breakdown

2 Likes

Poo, I forgot. But too much migraine anyway, probably.

1 Like

Thank you for covering all that, I’m one of the people who was unaware of conservatorships before this. Also I adore contract/lawyer shade.

And thank you @aaronpk for hanging on for 2.5 hours of that when you weren’t feeling well! Hope you’re doing better today.

4 Likes

I hadn’t considered this.

15 Likes