Skincare

That is one thing I am absolutely positive I am not :joy:

6 Likes

haha same!! I don’t think I’m olive but then again I have no clue what I am so :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

looking at justine in that video, when she holds up the white paper, i feel like she looks quite olive around her neck, but she has redness in her face and chest. but she says that clearly she’s a cool tone? so idk, it is hella confusing.

3 Likes

Totally. She does talk about how we all have more facial redness due to hormones. My facial redness is p severe, which doesn’t help. Simply want to know what goops to put on my face to make it look like it matches (or even comes close to matching!) my neck

3 Likes

i splashed out on the givenchy green corrector during the sephora sale, and i use that with a teensy bit of regular concealer, and it’s the best base makeup i’ve ever tried. i think the NYX green color corrector (the one that comes in the concealer-like tube) is also meant to be quite good.

i tend to like a fairly bare face, tho. i have hated every foundation i’ve ever tried.

4 Likes

I’m the same!!! I cannot deal with full coverage. I just splurged on that Lady Gaga white foundation (HLP says it’s more of a serum) and I plan to mix it with my drugstore green color corrector to see what happens :imp:

3 Likes

sometimes i’m so glad we have youtube, cause i never realized that the reason foundation always would look so gross on me was because i needed to moisturize first.

but also youtube makes me want to buy all the things. double-edged sword!

6 Likes

I think part of what’s hard is that light quality strongly affects all this… and most of these tests have you looking in a mirror, which in my world means shitty shitty harsh bathroom lighting.

6 Likes

I tried to figure it out on my own maybe 15 years ago but couldn’t do it. I paid to have a color analysis done. Apparently I am a winter, or at least before my hair gets grayer. I still have the swatches showing my most flattering colors.

But it’s not the be all end all. I thought, oh , I have cool toned skin so I should pick cool toned makeups. But I have had a number of makeup people say no way, more neutral or warmer colors may actually help balance out my face (I have rosacea, for example, so lots of redness).

5 Likes

You’re on the same page as me today. No idea what color that page is, but we’re both on it.

3 Likes

yes! i am also a winter, but i have come to realize that i’m more of a deep autumn-leaning winter, cause i look 100% better in olive green and burgundy than i do in mint green or baby pink.

@diapasoun i got some bright LED lights that stick to the mirror offa amazon that have helped a bunch! they were like $18 and i put masking tape on the mirror, then stuck them to the masking tape so i can remove them someday. i love them and it’s so much more fun to play with makeup when i can see my face :joy:

4 Likes

Hahaha I have the “am I dark autumn or deep winter?” conversation in my head more frequently than is justifiable.

Those lights make me think of Sephora, lol.

3 Likes

meant to say i also have this and i LOVE IT. i just use a few dots of it on the red parts of my face and blend with my fingers, it works great and is only like $10.

ha! yes it’s a much more sephora-esque environment when i turn them on :bulb:

5 Likes

Anyone got a brow mascara they love? (And definitely brow mascara, with pigment, and not gel – I don’t try to shape my brows, just darken them a little.)

I had one from Sephora (store brand) that I quite liked but it’s now discontinued, and I’m definitely at the very end of this tube. It seems like Nyx and Maybelline both have brow mascaras, but all the drugstores near me are barren wastelands that barely have anything on their shelves so I’m pretty much at “Sephora or order from the internet.”

Brow color is a very dark brown. My natural color is ashy but I actually think warmer tones work a little better with my hair.

4 Likes

i like the ELF one – it’s pretty cheap and seems to do the trick.

5 Likes

I was going to say the elf one, too! It works great and is cheap. It’s the wow brow, and it comes in different colors. It doesn’t last forever. Like after a few months it is a little dry. But for five bucks, a few months is good.

3 Likes

Have you all tried BB creams? They’re lighter than foundation. I have this Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream and I really like it a lot. Goes on nice, looks nice, not heavy. Your skin still looks like skin, but better. I can’t really love foundation, either. I’ve tried, but I just prefer the lighter stuff too.

4 Likes

What’s tough about the BB creams is they never have a good color match for me!

5 Likes

I went on the beauty subreddit and it told me to listen to subliminals so I guess my whole house is going to wake up pumped full of beauty confidence!

7 Likes

My face and chest are red and pink and the rest of me is milky tea so I usually choose face products that bring the rest of me into the milky tea zone. In winter there is just extra milk in my tea.

BlockquoteI cannot deal with full coverage

Me neither! My stripper roomie used to just wesr foundation in a super hero mask shape so the daily product use and swear didn’t ruin her. At the time it did not work for me and now it does. So I do tinted moisturizer (Sephora brand) in that region and then powder (charlotte tilbury sample size) everywhere. But actually only monthly most of the year and like twice a week in December.

I want to love BB creams but the only ones that colour match me smell too much. ONE DAY

6 Likes