Random Questions

If you give the dimensions and layout I’m sure people here will have opinions. When I did my kitchen I got so much help from this forum.

7 Likes

If you want to post the measurements of all walls/windows/doors I’d be happy to take a look. DM if you prefer.

7 Likes

Ok! Just measure all of those things? I’ll make a little map because there are other goofy things to work around in the kitchen, unfortunately.

5 Likes

Yep! A map is perfect. I will ask if I need more info. :grin:

4 Likes

I had a corner stove in an old place and really liked it - the kitchen area was spacious, so plenty of room, and I liked the way I felt like I had extra counter and shelf space.

3 Likes

We have a home remodeling thread if you’d rather post it there too. It’s not super active but it is supportive!

2 Likes

How do I get this clean?

The neck is very narrow so nothing reaches inside it.
There is an electric element built into the base so I can’t submerge it.
I tried with the tool used to clean reusable straws and I couldn’t get any pressure to properly wipe the sides.

3 Likes

This might be ineffectual but worth a try? Fill with soapy water and shake aggressively?

I tried that.
Maybe ball bearings in soapy water?
I don’t have ball bearings but I have dried chickpeas.

1 Like

Interesting idea! Maybe something mildly abrasive like baking soda in the water solution too??

Have you tried filling it with vinegar and letting it soak? I’ve used vinegar before to help descale things and it stank but helped a lot.

4 Likes

Will try.
Should I boil the vinegar?

2 Likes

Denture tablets?

Vinegar and baking soda?

Shove a rag and or sponge in with a chopstick. Poke and swish. Then enjoy removing

2 Likes

Troll.

2 Likes

I have been able to use just straight vinegar with success, no boiling

4 Likes

Cooking tomato based things removes stains really well. Maybe fill with crushed tomatoes and turn on the heating element?

7 Likes

Like @plainjane I’ve just used straight vinegar, no boiling!

Maybe it works too, but I’m too lazy

2 Likes

Waaaay back when I worked in a restaurant we cleaned the glass coffee pots with ice and water and something that I forget. The ice from the ice machine gave it more scrubbing power. Maybe try baking soda for the agent?

4 Likes