Random Questions

I tip like 10%? I agree that 20% is really high for takeout when non-takeout is an option.

3 Likes

Agree - I tip 10% whenever possible, 15% if that’s the lowest option. On very rare occasions I’ve tipped 20% if I’m ordering right before the restaurant closes on like a Saturday night when they’ve probably had a busy day.

2 Likes

I use Dr Bronner’s Sal’s suds everywhere in my apartment except the toilet bowl, for the toilet bowl I use Scrubbing bubble limescale destroyer. It has a baby powder ish smell and works very well.

2 Likes

Sometimes. Like if I asked 700 questions (10 mayybe 15%), if it has like 50 cent $1 and $2 options I almost always will. Cash I drop a lil something unless it’s a certain kind of chain. If I am solo with both kids and they are nice and about to bring it to me or deal with something.

Pick up orders absolutely not.

2 Likes

Heat pumps.

The designer wants to know what brand/model we’re thinking of so they can rough in the space for the kitchen so when we’re ready, the cabinets already are set up.

Any experiences or opinions from people who have looked into it?

We have Bosch. Had one defective unit problem soon after install but since then they have been fantastic.

Iirc the dimensions are similar across brands, it depends on what beefiness of unit you need in each place, which in turn is mostly about square footage of the rooms and where you will be putting the outdoor units.

Each competent installer probably has their own brand preference. Ask about availability of repair parts (some brands are way slower than others).

2 Likes

There’s a little bit of paint cracking in our main bathroom (I’m assuming just cuz it’s old paint). Do I need to do something special before painting over it? It’s raising up a little bit but not a lot - pic for size reference.

1 Like

I think it might be a nail popping up. Do any bits seem loose? In any event, the paint itself may fill the fine crack. You could was and / or gently sand the area to help the paint stick. Sparkle the cracks if the paint doesn’t fill them.

3 Likes

It’s not a nail pop (I can confidently say that because there are a ton of nail pops elsewhere in the house, and this doesn’t look remotely close to that, lol). No loose bits yet. But thank you - the wash and/or gently sand, and spackle if needed, is what I needed to know!

4 Likes

Pictures of the slow annoying sink! It looks like the pedestal is a separate piece but sort of tucked under the basin.

1 Like

I’m mad at whoever installed that. The pedestal is supposed to easily lift out of the way but instead they chose violence.

Grasp the pop up in the middle of the drain and pull up. Some will come right out. Others, not. If it does, hit it with a good long :snake:.

1 Like

Why don’t people use the going to fast emoji more

This guy

🫨

3 Likes

Wait, this is my FAVORITE EMOJI but I didn’t know it meant going fast. I kind of thought it was a dude hollering and his head was vibrating from the bellowing.

7 Likes

OK, so I’m getting closer and closer to the point where I’m going to rip the cabinets out and do my kitchen, and I’ve started to seriously consider putting a stove in the corner because of how the room is shaped.

Does anyone have experience with a corner stove? Want to share any pros and cons of your experience?

7 Likes

Oh I also don’t know what the true meaning is!! To me he is blurry from speed

1 Like

Screaming about the dumplings shirt

2 Likes

Doesn’t come up so I guess I’ll try the volcano and plan to replace it when the cuckoo is taller.

1 Like

I have a corner sink in my kitchen and find it really obnoxious*, but I probably wouldn’t mind a corner stove. Especially like in the example picture where you have an elevated counter behind it and can put something useful there.

*I think it’s more the cabinet underneath the sink is obnoxious (very difficult to keep tidy since it goes back very deep) and the fact it’s a corner of my house too so the pipes are prone to freezing when it gets cold.

We sell them a lot, but they take a lot of space. You need 48” from the back corner to the front edge of the cabinet next to it, then you keep going with more cabinets from there. How much room do you have? I hope my great drawing makes sense! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for the visual. My kitchen is maybe 100 sq ft? Ish.

But to be very honest, there’s too much open space in the middle of the room - like it’s just too far from one side to the other. I wish I had like 10-12% to give to literally ANY other room in the house. I’ll keep this consideration in mind. I plan on putting a 20 inch stove in, but I don’t think that makes a difference?
I’m just having the hardest time envisioning things and none of the online prep/rendering things seem to be helpful to me to visualize.

2 Likes