Random Questions

Gorgeous hair!

I definitely do not have the patience to dry my hair with a diffuser! :joy: I but I shall add your method to the list to try!

So big! After sleeping on it! It looks amazing!

I can understand not wanting stripes!

4 Likes

Once you’re down the rabbit hole get a silk pillowcase (or satin).

It makes my no product hair days much better

6 Likes

Everyone already had great suggestions…in terms of product, if you are dealing with frizz, my holy grail product is Ouidad Heat and Humidity gel. If you fully coat your hair with it while dripping wet, then when fully dry scrunch out the crunchiness, it leaves your hair sooo soft and curly with zero frizz for days.

3 Likes

Silk pillowcase is great, and I recommend a silk lined bonnet. Mine is like a toque /cap with a stretchy, soft band and silk on the inside. I always go to bed with wet hair, and if I sleep with it on I wake up with less chaos on my head.
https://www.amazon.ca/iCooBreeze-Mulberry-Bonnet-Braids-Adjustable/dp/B0BCGSW5KF/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_pp?crid=1EVB6Q45OT2IW&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.smzoWoll5AKLu9xDNtL9lKoJLqpsHkjE3lUaQqwy_NPVWMLQpgkSMi13ncF4d4AJFnMWDj8sxJM-MMrlyp3mqFRYxDeH_79idLmRvLVs2da56EZypxI9QbgHYwN1raAQI5MmVVuLV2TUbf1jVyqjCB4M7XzcLoZWt0XdLDaaR97UgdJCHwLM8GzvSSmJqoLrQNXx7gng40ahZyp892n2_w.mRRxX5I7Q0Jxn_4tQTN_nflwapQv1G6ljQJxv5E8R30&dib_tag=se&keywords=silk+bonnet&qid=1720756179&sprefix=silk+bonn%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-3

The bonus feature is that I can pull it down over my eyes as a sleep mask when needed.

3 Likes

Okay but what about shaving your head and sleeping in a pile of hoodies?
Hm?
No one’s going for my strategy??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

You’re describing my teenaged years.

6 Likes

Let’s be fair, contemplating this for the last three months of pregnancy.

8 Likes

There is a reason the “mom chop” is a THING.

(Why yes I did cut my hair from waist length to buzzed on sides/about 3” on top after my first was born).

9 Likes

Every overstimulated day I threaten to buzz my head if I don’t get a break and that lets GM know I need about 3 hours completely alone

6 Likes

Thinning my hair has helped IMMENSELY.

2 Likes

I probably just need a real haircut instead of a “chop off 2 inches in my bathroom” haircut.

3 Likes

Literally what I’m contemplating. I already have shaved sides; why not just go even queerer and do short on top too?

11 Likes

I chopped off three inches in my bathroom earlier this week but that was because of summer. It is delightfully off my neck now.

3 Likes

It was how I liked my hair best in my whole life. But it grows SO FAST. It wasn’t sustainable, alas. Kept it that way for a year or two though.

4 Likes

I feel you because I keep just going to Great Clips.

I do not personally own a silk pillowcase (I have very fine straight hair) but my sister bought one for the cuckoo and her glorious curls.

4 Likes

But you should. Put it on your bday/ xmas gift list. It’s so nice.

4 Likes

I sleep in a basement in Colorado. I use flannel sheets like 8 months of the year!

3 Likes

Does your flannel pillowcase keep your face warm? No it does not. My cheek resting on silk makes me feel like the fanciest person ever. The texture is delightful.

Flannel is pretty great too.

5 Likes