Random Questions

A good toilet seat, a good shower head, and a bidet attachment make a bathroom a million times nicer.
These are the three things I’ve given most of my local friends.

4 Likes

What makes it easy to clean?

I like a robust lid, but also the soft close, but also not white.

4 Likes

It comes off very easily, just lifts off the hinges if you press down, so you can clean around the hinge area. Then it reattaches just as easily.

5 Likes

We replaced our wall-mounted toilet with a basic-model Toto, and it’s just so good. It’s not fancy it just works well and is comfortable. I think Toto toilets are known to be good? And by we, I mean the contractor who was doing the bathroom work. I don’t remember the full price because there was a whole bunch of other stuff he did but I do remember that he got the toilet for much less than what the websites said the toilet costs because he got contractor prices. I don’t know the labor cost but I remember the toilet itself was less than $200 and it’s my favorite toilet ever. It just works right, in all ways. I don’t know how to explain it better than that.

7 Likes

Is my Russian Blue Sage dead? It smells good and has some little leaves coming out of the bottom but most of it looks kinda dead. I planted it quite late last fall.

4 Likes

if there are little leaves coming out it isn’t dead yet imo

3 Likes

Oops, I have a second totally unrelated random question.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of CHEAP, 50 inch fabric that would make good art tablecloths? Like, to keep paint off the table. But can also go in the washing machine. I need 6-8 of them for our toddler art program at the library and I am not seeing quite the right thing on Amazon.

We have been covering the tables with plastic which is wasteful and time-consuming (has to be taped down) and also doesn’t even work that well.

1 Like

Painters use canvas drop cloths. Is $14 each for 4x9 feet a doable price point? (Edit: I’m seeing $6.49 for 4x12 if you search for “cheap canvas drop cloth”)

2 Likes

Yes, but they would be way too long for the tables, which are 40 by 60. If it’s not the right size, it kind of defeats the purpose of saving our time!

1 Like

Here’s 4x5 which would just about cover the table exactly. Or 4x12 cut in half would give you a little overhang on each side. 4 ft. x 5 ft. Canvas Dropcloth - 8 oz. - EZ Drop Canvas

3 Likes

This is a plastic idea, but our fabric stores have rolls of wipeproof takes years to destroy vinyl stuff

1 Like

I might have chosen that but my co-lead really wants machine washable and one must compromise!

Oooh, cutting a four by twelve in half would be super economical and we actually have a serger on the premises so finishing the cut edges would be NBD. That’s a great suggestion! Thanks!

8 Likes

If I hand washed my bras more often would the water be less disgusting or is this like washing floors where the water is always somehow filthy?

5 Likes

I asked the lady at the bra shop if I had to hand wash my new bras and she said she just machine washes in a delicates bag and then hang dries on the back of a chair so that the cups dry symmetrically! Maybe you don’t need to see how dirty the water is at all :wink:

6 Likes

I haven’t hand washed bras since I’ve owned my own washing machine. Lingerie bag, cold water, regular load. And I just hang them up with the wool socks.

7 Likes

I’ve been using the delicates bag, cold water, hang to dry too. It’s doing well at keeping the bras in good shape (and I am not gentle on my bras, they work hard hahaha).

But also to answer your question, yeah the more you wash them the less gross each wash is.

5 Likes

By the way, I never hang dry wool socks. They don’t seem to have suffered from going through the dryer!

2 Likes

I’m another vote for machine washing, and I rarely wear them more than once between washes if I can help it. (I throw some of the more robust pull-on ones, that I wear at home, in with the regular wash on Saturday and then I do my delicates wash on Wednesdays with the bras in it again.) Because I have a history of

gross reason to wash your bras

Underboob yeast infection ewwww

Does anyone else remember the Dear Prudence dust-up of the late aughts when she said that it is normal to wash your bra only every couple of weeks and then got a bunch of appalled letters saying that was gross?

11 Likes

… “a couple weeks” yeah that’s…. Definitely how long it’s been

11 Likes