Random Questions

I didn’t know Mercury Stardust has a book. I met them personally before I learned about their online fame!

4 Likes

You guys are all awesome!! Thank you all so much for thoughtful responses and resources :heart::heart: i wish I had been able to respond better but 4.5 hours of meetings destroyed me today.

3 Likes

Hey all y’all gardening people. I have a small space in the front yard to grow some flowers. What’s some good annuals that can withstand direct sun and don’t need a lot of maintenance. I’m looking for something bright and cheerful as well.

1 Like

For set and forget I like sunflowers, nasturtium and calendula but your climate may vary.

2 Likes

Zinnias! So easy, so cheerful!

1 Like

Another vote for zinnias.

Anyone in Colorado grow zinnias? They are really pretty but don’t feel like I ever see them in yards so do they not do well here?

2 Likes

I have a recipe that calls for butter flavored shortening. Can I use butter instead?

1 Like

Maybe. Butter has a higher moisture. I would, but there could be issues

1 Like

I don’t want to buy special shortening if I don’t have to. I have regular but i think the flavor will be missing. Maybe I will try it.

Our neighbor does, and they are just gorgeous! That said, they’re clearly serious gardeners, so I’m not sure how heavy the lift is.

2 Likes

What is the recipe for? I just made banana bread with my Mom’s old recipe which calls for shortening. I used butter instead (at a 1 to 1 ratio) and it turned out fabulously.

2 Likes

Peanut butter cookies

ETA looks like other pb cookies do use butter so I found the odd one.

4 Likes

I would risk it personally. This was one opinion I found via Google:
Cookies made with butter or margarine may be softer and spread a little more. Cookies made with butter are usually crispier than chewy cookies made with shortening, but the flavor is richer with butter. So a one-to-one butter swap will work great if you need a shortening substitute for cookies.

4 Likes

I grew them in Utah. They do need water but handles the heat and sun fine.

1 Like

I’ve grown zinnias is Florida and Ohio. They are pretty resilient.

So I have this light in the dining room and just noticed that a thin silver-colored cord is fraying in one spot. What is this cord? Should I be concerned?

2 Likes

That’s the grounding wire. You’re fine.

5 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

How does one place a shower chair?
I’m looking to get one to help with recovery during an upcoming surgery but all of the shower chairs I see absolutely would not fit in my shower tub at all, not even close - they’re way too wide.
Are you supposed to sit in it facing 90° from the showerhead?

2 Likes