Random Questions

I found ours through next door! Lucked out.

1 Like

We also pay $150 every two weeks but I live in a VHCOL area so that’s for a 1300sqft 3 bed 2.5 bath.

I found her by asking around. If I ran into a neighbor I would ask if they knew of anyone good.

I definitely ask her to skip a room sometimes if we don’t have time to pick up the whole house.

5 Likes

Hahaha. I mentioned this to my husband, and he said “Could we make a chore chart? That might help!”

Sir.

I do not want a list to remind me.

I want to not do the things.

11 Likes

Yes he can have a chore chart, if all chores go under his name lol

12 Likes

Kids who are like 7-9 years old plus are old enough to understand that their rooms don’t get cleaned if they aren’t picked up! I remember that I liked how the “cleaning lady” would make my bed all fancy but it didn’t get done if I hadn’t picked up my room.

4 Likes

My bank has cds at 5.3% for 11 months. Should I do it? I have money sitting in a savings account earning basically nothing.

6 Likes

Do you need the money within the next 11 months? If not, I’d say go for it, assuming no penalty beyond losing interest earned for early withdrawal.

2 Likes

I don’t need it, I will keep some back. It seems like a good idea, I think I will open one.

4 Likes

A high yield savings account will give you more flexibility and a similar rate, but of course that involves opening another account and transferring money. I’m a big fan of whatever you’ll actually do :+1:

4 Likes

Do you see high yield savings accounts at brick & mortar banks? I have seen some for online banks, but something about online only banks worries me.

1 Like

Nope, I haven’t. We did an online bank.

PNC has a high yield savings account but I think you have to sign up for it online, but you can make deposits to it at a branch. 4.65% APY currently.

I had that hesitancy with online banks too, but I trust them if they’re FDIC insured. I went with Discover, which no longer has the highest rate (4.3% currently), in part because it felt like a more established business.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts on online banks. I think my uneasiness comes from the incredibly higher interest rates compared to my local banks and credit unions.

As a kid in the 1970s my savings account did get 5% interest.

It’s a customer recruitment tool, primarily. Most bricks and mortars don’t NEED to offer higher rates yet, since people tend to stay with their banks long term. Most online only are aggressively trying to build a customer base so they need more incentives.

2 Likes

I opened the cd today. Go me!

13 Likes

Has any one here used foil nails and can you provide feedback? I saw a random ad and they looked interesting.

Second question: does anyone use vinegar instead of fabric softener?

1 Like

Yes always. It neutralizes smell. I hate the smell of most fabric softeners

5 Likes

Does it work on Febreeze? I have a Poshmark fleece that smells like flowers, but also the same flowery smell I’ve found on other thrifted clothes. I’ve already washed it and it’s still kind of making me ill when I try to wear it.

4 Likes

I think it’s worth a try! It’s really good at removing residues. Like if you are using scented laundry detergent, the clothes do not smell like the detergent at all.

1 Like