Random Questions

That would be illegal anywhere in Canada unless you were an independent contractor. It’s the same as a restaurant making a server pay for the food when customers dine and dash. Risk is the responsibility of the employer.

That said, you don’t seem to mind this practice and it’s the norm where you are, so I guess it’s fine? It’s just interesting to me as a person who used to enforce employment law in my region.

9 Likes

This was the perspective that I was coming from, but it is working for you, so that’s the important thing.

4 Likes

Does anyone check your work or orders? At a minimum it’s not unreasonable to have processes in place to minimize errors.

A quick google search lead to this:

1 Like

Yes, someone always checks every order. But let’s say I measured something wrong or transposed a number, nobody would actually know that. They can only check what has been written down.

4 Likes

I have a broken SodaStream. They told me to recycle it. Does anyone know if that’s possible? What keywords would I be using to tell if it’s available near me?

Someone on Reddit says you can drop them at Best Buy, where they do have lots of recycling bins.

I honestly doubt that they get recycled, though.

I googled “can Sodastream machine be recycled”.

2 Likes

I am considering spending some travel time in Lisbon in January/February. Maybe a week.
Anyone traveled to Portugal and have thoughts or feedback?

6 Likes

On MMM LifeHappens went to Portugal.

1 Like

I no longer have my login for over there!

1 Like

It is so lovely there and a wonderful place to visit. I bought way too much hand painted ceramic tile and had to carry it all back. I don’t remember specific things to do (can probably find lots of info online) but you should definitely have a pasteis de nata from the original location. We did a day trip tour that took us to three places but we wished we had more time at each stop. If you go to Obidos it is famous for a cherry liqueur that you drink out of a chocolate cup.

2 Likes

I can DM her if you would like.

I’m tired and read this as time travel and was v confused. Lol

5 Likes

My family has been a bunch (not me sadly). What are your questions?

2 Likes

None specific! Just vibing at this point of planning. Figured I’d put out feelers if people had good times or if there were favorite spots :slight_smile:

1 Like

I spent a few days in Lisbon some years ago* and really loved it. The coast! The people! The art!

Weird tip: Back then I didn’t eat seafood at all but every time I ordered beef it was far rarer (I would say raw?) than I would ever eat it. I recommend fish or veg meals if very lightly of uncooked meat is a problem for you.

*In my young party days. They have a fun and vibrant nightlife…as I recall.

4 Likes

Suggestions for shows that are

• Streaming (preferably on Amazon prime video or Hulu but open to getting another subscription)
  • Safe to watch with a mom who doesn’t like swearing, lots of violence, or sex scenes?
2 Likes

Abbot Elementary and Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu

2 Likes

Is “Murder She Wrote” on either platform?

3 Likes

Psych and White Collar if you’re okay with lighthearted “crime drama”.

3 Likes

Parks and Rec

1 Like