Random Questions

The vet receptionist asked me if I could catch some pee and bring it in fresh. Um, no. :rofl: She is going there tomorrow so they can do it and get it tested.

5 Likes

It is a UTI, I got some liquid medicine to give her 2X a day for like 10 days. Wish me luck. I don’t think there’s any way I could pill her, I’ve never given her any medicine. Also, she peed on my comforter this morning while I was under it. :rofl:

15 Likes

I hope she feels better soon!!

1 Like

Has anyone made their own oat milk? I’m intrigued by this recipe.

Thank you! She’s stopped pacing and meowing at me so I’m hoping that means she’s feeling better. She’s had two doses of medicine now and the first was extra strength because I didn’t realize I had to dilute the medicine.

5 Likes

Yep. I was in the habit of making it for several months a while back.
It’s messy, but I’m not a big “make stuff from scratch” person so I’m very offended when things make a mess :joy:

Very tasty and cheap though!

1 Like

My concern when i looked into it was: it’s not fortified w vit D et. like purchases options.

5 Likes

Goooooood point

1 Like

We’re going to a family wedding in July and planning to drive from the US to Canada with 2 little kids (wish me luck). Does anyone have experience with travel documents for minors between US & Canada? Right now toddler has a passport but newborn does not.

According to the US Customs & Border Patrol website, you only need a birth certificate if travelling by land or sea:
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-724

But the Canadian website does not list any exceptions for minors and land travel:

3 Likes

Canadian here, we have always had passports for our children, although they weren’t as young as yours are when we first crossed with them.

Are both parents travelling? If not, a notarized letter from the parent staying home saying that the parent going has permission to take the children across the border is advised.

9 Likes

It’s been a few years for me because of Covid, but I was definitely asked for the child’s passport in both directions and entering Canada was very thorough in the checking. I didn’t attempt without it though, so I’m not sure that’s much help.

2 Likes

No personal experience, but a coworker did a driving trip through Canada up to Alaska last summer, and on the way her kids didn’t have problems with their lack of passports. Unfortunately the reason the lack of passports specifically came up was because on the way back there was a family emergency, they tried to fly out from the nearest Canadian city, and the lack of passports was suddenly a Very Big Deal.

4 Likes

Can I put the cats medicine on some wet food and see if she will eat it? Or will that mess up the effectiveness of it?

1 Like

I’ve done that a lot and it’s been fine

1 Like

Thanks. I got a good scratch tonight so I’m going to try it.

1 Like

I’d mash it up with a fork in case it tastes weird

1 Like

We were told that antibiotics taste bad and that cats don’t like it when added to food, but Anneke loves special treatment and if she gets get own special bowl of food, she gobbles it up! I hope your kitty doesn’t mind it in the food.

1 Like

Thank you @Star @rocklobster @kenner!

She ate her food/medicine right up! I wish I had thought of it a few days ago and not had to grapple with her. I wonder why the vet didn’t tell me that would be a choice? Fingers crossed it works for the next few days until the medicine is gone.

5 Likes

This is a truly random, tiny question, but: I have some Beats earbuds that I’ve worn some but I completely hate. Since I’ve worn them and they’re in-ear, is it weird to offer them up on my work’s Freecycle slack channel? (Or heck, if anyone here wants them lemme know haha). Obviously I’ll clean them, but not sure if that’d still be weird.

6 Likes